News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Remove the "Online-Store" from the url

Started by masterboom, December 23, 2016, 07:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masterboom

Hello I am new to web design and have purchased a template from templatemonster with virtuemart included I have VirtueMart Engine: 2.0.26d,  VirtueMart Compatibility: 2.0.22 - 2.6.x and Joomla! Engine: 2.5.7
I have contacted the templatemonster team to help remove this from my url but they are having a harder then usual time at helping fix this.

my url reads as example: www.website.com/online-store/product

How do I remove the "/online-store/" component?

Thanks in advance!

Ghost

Your site is extremely outdated and could get hacked in no time.

To remove menu item alias from VM you can set VM menu item as default (homepage), use a SEF extension like sh404sef or try to modify the router.

masterboom

sorry but if you are referring to website.com that is not my website. I typed that url as an example. It is not a url of my website.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

masterboom

Thank you guys this is information I wasn't presented with even by the company offering their template to me. Security I will agree is very important and I certainly appreciate this information. Thank you.

masterboom

Ok I am looking at the virtuemart control panel and I don't see a menu item section. Perhaps it goes by a different name?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum