News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM 3.0.18.7 Multilingual issues

Started by lindapowers, December 21, 2016, 22:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Hi

After updating from 3.0.18.6 to 3.0.18.7 the add to cart button is shown only in english, any change in key or overrides there that could cause it?

Regards

Milbo

The rest is in espaniol? What is the default joomla site language?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

Quote from: Milbo on December 21, 2016, 23:08:45 PM
The rest is in espaniol? What is the default joomla site language?

Hi, rest is in spanish, default joomla language site spanish. Only button "add to cart" shows in english, rest is fine.

lindapowers

More details on the issue,

If I select a child from the dropdown with the ajax realoading in category browse view button "add to cart" switches from english to spanish.

I tested in beez too with same effect.

This did not happen in 3.0.18.6

lindapowers

Testing more I see mixed or missing (english-spanish) translations in checkout, order confirmation emails and other places.

Some multilingual issues in this latest 3.0.18.7 version. For now we are using 3.0.18.6 happily.

alatak

Hello
I have a similar problem with a multillingual website with VirtueMart 3.0.18.6 Blue Corvus 9406
In my case it is the emails in english that displays KEYs instead of string.

I have checked all the langage files assuming it could be a typo there, but can't find it.

Milbo

Quote from: alatak on January 05, 2017, 10:00:43 AM
with VirtueMart 3.0.18.6 Blue Corvus 9406

I have checked all the langage files assuming it could be a typo there, but can't find it.
The problem is known for vm3.0.18.6 and vm3.0.18.7 fixes this issue. Vm3.0.18.7 and vm3.0.18.8 use a complety new system to handle different languages. But Linda is atm the only one with this problem in vm3.0.18.7
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

Quote from: alatak on January 05, 2017, 10:00:43 AM
Hello
I have a similar problem with a multillingual website with VirtueMart 3.0.18.6 Blue Corvus 9406

Hi

Yes, I noticed the missing keys in the email too, strangely that happened to me in this latest beta.
Also at checkout, add to cart button and other places, strangely the "add to cart" button issue also happened in beez template too.

Basicly I noticed that with spanish language in frontend the "add to cart" button appears in english. Maybe is related with the ajax in categories, not sure but using beez template and getting same display error made me report the issue to Max.

Would be nice to get the report of other users for 3.0.18.7 in multilingual websites.

lindapowers

In latest vm 3.0.18.8 I noticed issues fixed since the add to cart button shows the correct selected language.
I don't see the display issue anymore in the shop pages.

I have reported the issue to Stan since some text in OPC appears mixed with the 2 languages while in default VM cart appears correctly translated.

In the e-mails I get the same situation but I just remembered that I'm using email overrides from Spyros.

Maybe the latest VM packages require updates from 3rd party software and overrides?

Regards

tanolalano

Hi,
in 3.0.18.7 no issue for ad to cart button, working in Italian (default language), English, French and German.
I'm using same template and same OPC of Manu.
I get Order E-mail in my default language, but i don't know in which language costumers gets emails.
Not yet tested 3.0.18.8

My conf:
VM 3.0.18.7
PHP 7.0.4
Hera template 3.7
OPC 2.0.325

Hope this help
arancebio.it - Organic red Oranges from Sicily

lindapowers

Quote from: tanolalano on January 06, 2017, 19:26:40 PM
Hi,
in 3.0.18.7 no issue for ad to cart button, working in Italian (default language), English, French and German.
I'm using same template and same OPC of Manu.
I get Order E-mail in my default language, but i don't know in which language costumers gets emails.
Not yet tested 3.0.18.8

My conf:
VM 3.0.18.7
PHP 7.0.4
Hera template 3.7
OPC 2.0.325

Hope this help

Thank you really helps, same version and template and OPC.

Our fields in "VM My account" appear half in english.

Noticed we are using  PHP 5.6.25

For us the problems arised since 3.0.18.7 in our test site.
In live site we are using 3.0.18.6 without the mentioned display issues.

Could PHP version affect?

Only difference I see is PHP version and that you dont use language tag in your default language, but tested removing that without effect.

Manage to get a fatal error while testing too:

1 Call to a member function getTag() on null in file: /website/public_html/components/com_virtuemart/router.php line: 1173

Regards

alatak

Hi
Quote from: Milbo on January 05, 2017, 14:59:51 PM

The problem is known for vm3.0.18.6.
ok, i did not know.

I have tested this morning with version VirtueMart 3.0.18.9 Blue Corvus 9416. The problem is solved.
Thanks

alatak

Hello
Doing more tests with version  VirtueMart 3.0.18.9 and i still have langages problems:
- default langage frontend: english
- default langage back end: french
- Multilingual shop: english

in the order view for example, the plugins keys and the order states are missing

if
- default langage frontend: english
- default langage back end: english
- Multilingual shop: english
then everything is ok

alatak

and in this case:
- default langage back end: french

all the strings are in english, not in french.

alatak

The keys instead of the strings are also displayed in the fields.
Look in the paypal configuration.