News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Bulk product updating and discounts

Started by favdes, December 16, 2016, 12:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

favdes

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if you might be able to help me with something. We have a VM store with a few thousand products. We would like to run a promotion for t-shirts, of which there are 150 particular t-shirts that we would like to include in the promotion.

What we would like to do is an offer whereby a customer can buy three t-shirts for £20. T-shirts vary in price but are usually around £8.50.

I need an easy way to:

• Select all of the products in the promotion
  • Automatically apply the discount when three selected t-shirts are added to the cart
  • Highlight on the frontend of the store that the promotion exists e.g. on each product's details page add a line or something to say that this t-shirt is included in the offer

Does anyone know of a way to achieve this quickly and easily?

Kind regards

James

Studio 42

Hi,

For the first part, you can use my tool VM be Pro to add a customfield to the products or categories.
But i don't know if a plugin exist that can handel your case.
I already coded a child/parent stock handler and a plugin kit for cutomer, so certainly i can code your need as customfields plugin.
Else you have http://extensions.virtuemart.net/product/products/quantity-related-price-calculation-detail, but with 150 products, i dont know how it handel it, if this are in different categories.