News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Cannot add Manufacturer to new or existing product in VM 3.0.18.6

Started by dslove, December 16, 2016, 11:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dslove

Joomla 3.6.5 / VM 3.0.18.6 / PHP PHP 5.6.21 / MySQL 5.6.34

Update to VM 3.0.18.6 seems to have made the manufacturers unavailable when creating or editing products. They do appear fine in the "Manufacturers" section though.
Also, when editing a product that already has a manufacturer, upon save the manufacturer is removed automatically.

Jörgen

Have had this issue just recently. Some JavaScript mixup I guess.

Starting the webbrowser fresh solved my issue. Worth a try, does not take long :)

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

dslove

Dear Jörgen thank you for your immediate response :)

Unfortunately, I tried emptying all website cache (site + admin side), all browser cache, and then restarting my browser (I even tried a different browser), wihtout any success :(

Please see screenshot.

Jörgen

OK,

At least You tried, it happened exactly like this to me, I restarted the browser and I was good to go. Has never come back since then. Saving a Product in this case does exactly what You say, it removes the manufacturer. I have 3.0.18.5 installed right and no issues like this. Do You have any extra plugins or some fancy theme in the admin installed that could cause this ?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

dslove

No, just the default Joomla admin template.
Also, none of the plugins I have installed are relevant to the website's back end.

Studio 42

Are your manufacturers published?
Try to clear Joomla cache, you have a cache for manufacturer categories, that can perhaps give some problems.

dslove

Quote from: Studio 42 on December 16, 2016, 18:55:31 PM
Are your manufacturers published?
Try to clear Joomla cache, you have a cache for manufacturer categories, that can perhaps give some problems.

Thank you for the suggestion Studio 42, as I mentioned above Joomla cache and browser cache have been cleared multiple times.
In the attachment you can see that manufacturers are published. Sometimes the obvious eludes us, but unfortunately this is not such a case...

Studio 42

I tested on vm 3.0.18.5 and the manufacturer is added to the product.
I changed manufacturers in the product and it work too.
Try in YOURSITE/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=updatesmigration button
            Install or if necessary update tables      
If this solve the problem

dslove

Quote from: Studio 42 on December 18, 2016, 09:47:48 AM
I tested on vm 3.0.18.5 and the manufacturer is added to the product.
I changed manufacturers in the product and it work too.
Try in YOURSITE/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=updatesmigration button
            Install or if necessary update tables      
If this solve the problem

Thank you for the suggestion Studio 42, unfortunately this didn't help at all.
Also, the category selection field (right under the Manufacturers field) is working fine. So, I guess it is not a JS issue?

Studio 42

On your javascript debug console, have you some report?
You can open the console with F12 and check in console tab

dslove

No errors in the console Studio 42, I have already checked with Firebug.

Studio 42

Try this in your console :
jQuery('#virtuemart_manufacturer_id').val('3');
And save your product
this should in your case add the "Ride-on" manufacturer.
In your "html" tab, search for "virtuemart_manufacturer_id" to see if the manufacturers select list is empty or not.

dslove

Ok, so I logged in again to try your solution and this error popped up now on the Console. It had not appeared during the last 3 times I opened the console:

[object Object] sandbox.js (line 340)

dslove

This is crazy, I cannot get this error to appear again after seeing it that one time.
The issue persists though, Manufacturers still not available while editing product.

Studio 42

Can you check if the select list is empty.
Search for "virtuemart_manufacturer_id" in the HTML file