News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Deleting product variant creates a "ghost"

Started by dslove, December 15, 2016, 16:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dslove

Hi,
Deleting a multivariant has removed the child product itself, but not the variant from the Parent product. Also, now it is impossible to save any changes to the parent product:

Error
vmError: VmTable #__virtuemart_products_el_gr Check not passed. Neither slug nor obligatory value at product_name for auto slug creation is given 1087
vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled

In the attachment you can see the "ghost" of the variant. I cannot find this anywhere in the database to try and remove it manually. I have cleaned website & browser cache multiple times but without any success.

Joomla 3.6.5
VM 3.0.18.6
PHP 5.6.21
MySQL 5.6.34

dslove

Any suggestions as to where in the database should I look to remove the "ghost" variant?

dslove

Hi, any suggestions as to where in the database should I look to remove the "ghost" variant?
It has been a full month we have this issue. Should I purchase a membership to have this looked into?

Studio 42

Do a backup and try the last beta release.
I think that the code is missing and don't check about this, perhaps some dev have added it since?
Another solution is perhaps to remove the multivariant custom field and save you product and readd multivariant  annd all  the variant again.

David

Joomla 3.8.3, VirtueMart 3.4.2

Milbo

Quote from: dslove on December 15, 2016, 16:49:03 PM
Hi,
Deleting a multivariant has removed the child product itself, but not the variant from the Parent product. Also, now it is impossible to save any changes to the parent product:
I have big problems to understand this. "Deleting a multivariant " means for me, you removed the customfield "Multivariant" from the parent. But I think you mean, that you deleted the child, right? The deleted child is still listed in the multivariant of the parent. Storing the parent should automatically remove the ghost variant.

Quote from: dslove on December 15, 2016, 16:49:03 PM
Error
vmError: VmTable #__virtuemart_products_el_gr Check not passed. Neither slug nor obligatory value at product_name for auto slug creation is given 1087
vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled
[/quote]
As your attachment shows, there are no names for the product, so it tries to store the non existing product with an empty name.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

pixelperfectcreative

What was the fix? I am having this issue as well.

Thanks!