News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Cannot select category at vm category menu item

Started by pm4698, December 13, 2016, 16:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pm4698

Hello there,

I had a Joomla 2.5.28 with VM 2.x.x site and i upgraded Virtuemart to 3.0.18 and then migrated to Joomla 3.6.4. I can see my menus just fine but in front-end when i select category i see blank page. If i try to create new menu selecting Virtuemart->Category page then when i click on drop down to select category, that field is blank. I have applied Fix database from Manage settings and repaired/fixed database issues but no results.

Thank you in advance

GJC Web Design

Quotewhen i select category i see blank page

no doubt will prob be your template

if it really is a whitescreen the 500 error will be logged somewhere

if not the residual html might give a clue

tried with full error/debug on?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

pm4698

Its strange i just tried to enable debug and error reporting but it appears i cannot save at Global Configuration!

Also, the problem is when i try to create a virtuemart category menu (at backend) not front-end.

At front-end i just cannot see any products, without any 500 error

pm4698

Specifically when i create new menu item and select Virtuemart Category layout then i have this warning:

Extension attribute is empty in the category field.

pm4698

I cleaned browser cache and i am able to save everything, sorry!

I enabled error reporting and still i get the warning i told you about and i get this on top:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in ..\plugins\system\rsform\rsform.php on line 39 Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in ..\plugins\system\section\section.php on line 27 Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in ..1\plugins\system\vmtracking\vmtracking.php on line 377 Strict Standards: Declaration of plgVmPaymentAwoCoupon::setCartPrices() should be compatible with that of vmPSPlugin::setCartPrices() in ..\libraries\cms\plugin\helper.php on line 230

jenkinhill

You can turn off strict standards reporting in php.ini

I see that none of the warnings is coming from VirtueMart itself, but from third party addons.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pm4698

I deactivated plugins that caused those messages and now when i activate error reporting in Global configuration page i see those:

Warning: fopen(..\libraries\joomla\utilities\date.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ..\language\el-GR\el-GR.localise.php on line 190 Warning: filesize(): stat failed for ..\libraries\joomla\utilities\date.php in ..\language\el-GR\el-GR.localise.php on line 191 Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..\language\el-GR\el-GR.localise.php on line 191 Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..\language\el-GR\el-GR.localise.php on line 192 Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in ..\language\el-GR\el-GR.localise.php on line 200 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PUBLIC in ..\language\el-GR\el-GR.localise.php(212) : eval()'d code on line 1

But this doesn't solve the issue of virtuemart correct?

urkooo

I solved disabling the following VM options:

1. Show featured
2. Show discontinue
3. Show latest products
4. Show Top ten products
5. Show recent

If doesn't work, try with this http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=135628.msg474433#msg474433

Good luck

pm4698

Guys i tell once again: I cannot create Virtuemart menu items on backend because i have no options at select category drop down. There is also the issue with the front-end but regarding front-end i know its a template override, but what about the backend which is exactly the issue i am asking?

Any opinions?

Thank you in advance

pm4698

I did! And i checked the things you told me but still the same, i cannot add virtuemart category as a menu

Milbo

Quote from: pm4698 on December 14, 2016, 13:01:19 PM
Guys i tell once again: I cannot create Virtuemart menu items on backend because i have no options at select category drop down. There is also the issue with the front-end but regarding front-end i know its a template override, but what about the backend which is exactly the issue i am asking?

Any opinions?

Thank you in advance

Please check your js console. The category dropdown is now loaded by ajax to enhance the speed in BE. You are the first having trouble with.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

pm4698

In js console i get an error only regarding a woff font that cannot be loaded. I know that because i have Windows server i have to insert this type of media in Server settings to be able to be read. No other errors in js Console!

Also i noticed that i disabled template override for virtuemart and still i get no products in category view at front-end. So generally i suppose its a Virtuemart issue. Note that in backend i can see products, product categories etc but i have the menu problem and the issue also at frontend

mhuebler

any news ? same problem here. and i cant see any js problems.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum