News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Related Products Option Blank after saving

Started by websmith, December 12, 2016, 15:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

websmith

VM 3.0.18.1 Joomla 3.6.4 Protostar Template

I am trying to add related products in the /Virtuemart/Products/Product/Custom Field/ Tab. When I type in a related product, those options appear and I can select from the list displayed. I make a selection and hit save but then the box clears and any related products Ive saved are not visible.

How can I confirm / edit related products have been saved and added.

and how can I make them show on check out page. I have "Show related products in the popup" checked but no related products are displaying.

Thanks for any help.

jenkinhill

I have tested the latest, VirtueMart 3.0.18.5 Blue Corvus 9390 , for related products with Protostar and Beez. The related show on the product details page and on the add to cart popup.

On saving in the BE  the added product should show in the related products panel.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

websmith

Thanks Jenkinhill. When I add a related product or category and save it, I get the product successfully saved message but there's nothing displayed in the panel. Ive tried changing templates to beez5 and still nothing actually saves.  :-\

jenkinhill

I don't have 3.0.18.1 any more to test with. I wonder if it is/was a JavaScript issue - anything reported in the console?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

websmith

Ill make a full backup then upgrade to 3 0 18 5 and test again. Report back shortly.

jenkinhill

Note that these are versions still in development.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

websmith

Im still having same issue. I select a related product, click save, page refreshes and nothing displays in related products panel. Is there any other settings in configuration or somewhere else that would affect this?