News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[RESOLVED] Final price changes by currency?

Started by OriyanJ, December 12, 2016, 08:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OriyanJ

I'm sure this is a newbie question and I apologize but I couldn't find the answer for it.
My shop's default currency is United States Dollar, I want to create a few products which prices are by Euro. But when I do that, the Final Price changes.

EDIT (RESOLVED) - solution
VirtueMart 3.2.2

Jörgen

I don´t Think You can display the final price in different currencies for different products. What You see is the final price in USD.
You could create a special category for these products and make an override for that category that displays prices in EUR.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

OriyanJ

Well, I don't know if that's the right solution, but I gave Euro currency an Exchange Rate of "1" and that made my desires meet.
VirtueMart 3.2.2

Jörgen

Hello

Do You actually see the price in EUR on the web site for these Products and the other products in USD ?
Do You want to sell in USD with the same exchange rate as EUR ?

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

OriyanJ

Quote from: Jörgen
Do You actually see the price in EUR on the web site for these Products and the other products in USD ?

Yes, I've tweaked with the prices.php template to show each product's currency.

Quote from: Jörgen
Do You want to sell in USD with the same exchange rate as EUR ?

I don't want exchange rates at all. All I want is to have a product with XXX in Euros, and another one with XXX in Dollars, I've attached an image to show what I mean.

When I set exchange rate to 1.00, everything works like I wanted. I'm not sure that's the solution I need, but it sure did help me.
VirtueMart 3.2.2

Jörgen

OK

Great, You made an override  :)

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x