News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Exclude discounted product from calculation rule

Started by vladast, December 06, 2016, 12:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vladast

Hello,
I have an issue with excluding discounted product from a general discount rule.

My main rule is: -10% Price modifier before tax per bill, that means all users will get 10% discount on the total cart value.
There are products that are already discounted, and I want that this -10% rule doesn't apply to already discounted products. This rule shall be applied only on non-discounted products.

How I can manage this?

note: discounted products are located in categories with other non-discounted products.

Thanks

Joomla 3.6.4
VirtueMart 3.0.18

GJC Web Design

use unpublished additional categories for your discounts

then u can target them properly

just add products to secondary cats with discounts etc as u need them
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

vladast

Thank you for prompt feedback, but this is not something what I need.

As described, I have a rule that adds 10% discount on a total cart value.

If I have Product 1 in Category 1, which has been discounted for 44$, override price is 56$ now (original price 100$), if I add that product to the cart, I want that rule about 10% Price modifier before tax per bill don't apply to this Product 1 so the final price should remain 56$.

What I have now is 56$-10% = 50.4$ and should remain 56$.

Discount amount varies from different discounted products so I can't assign specific discount value to the specific group because that will apply to all products in that (dummy) group.

It will be nice if there will be a filed as option where we can write Product ID to be exclude from given Rule, like we have option to assign specific rule to one or more categories selected categories.

Nor sure how can I bypass that 10% discount per bill applies to random discounted product.

vladast

Maybe posts described before will be challenging to achieve but in short I will explain below what I need, so maybe someone can suggest different solution.

1. I would like to offer to all my registered/logged in users 10% discount/off the price, on total cart value, at the end of the ordering process. I want to keep regular prices on product detail page, but 10% discount to be shown only on cart page.
(this can be achieved by adding rule -10% Price modifier before tax per bill, but this brings another challenge with discounted products because that discount will be applied to discounted products and I don't want that)
2. One product category contain both, regular non discounted products and discounted products. Discounted products have their own price override and that price varies from product to product (therefore I can't assign same discount rule for all of them because discount rule is not shown in %) (I'm using badge plugin to clearly show which products are discounted, and therefore I'm keeping all products, non-discounted and discounted, under belonging category).

How to make that 10% discount on total cart value doesn't apply to already discounted products?

Tried few options with dummy categories but doesn't work in my case. When I try to assign specific rule to dummy category, rule doesn't work because same product is assigned in both, dummy and regular category and therefore VM doesn't override rules on one product between 2 categories, because in field to select category, dummy category can be excluded, but regular category has to be included because it contain other non-discounted products)

One of the suggestions could be that specific rule has option/field to exclude product id/category id but that is something for next VM release.
Of course I would like to find solution now.

Thanks

vladast

After some testing I found a solution that will resolve my question.

1. Create dummy category, name it "Discounted" and set to invisible.
2. Assign all discounted products to this dummy category (and any other category - you want this product to be shown on regular category, but without applying rule below).
3. Create new Calculation rule

• Type: Price modifier after tax
  • Math operation: -%
  • Value:10
  • Select all categories except previously created dummy category
  • Chose desired shopper group. (in my case default shopper group)
4. On all discounted products, under the price chapter select "Apply no rule". On that way you will exclude that product from any rules that you have made previously.

On this way all logged in users will see discount of 10% on all products that belong to all categories except on the discounted products that are, at the same time, assigned to regular and hidden category "Discounted"

Confusion in my case was rule: -10% Price modifier before tax per bill. This rule assigned 10% discount on final cart value including discounted products. By using this rule I couldn't override any other rule, or dummy category. This rule will be applied no matter what. Therefore it is important to create correct rules in combination with dummy categories.

Still I would suggest to VM developers to include selection field under rule "Price modifier before tax per bill", to be able to exclude certain Product/Category ID from that rule.

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

vladast

One more time I have to suggest and I'm not sure whom we can address this request. Not sure how to contact VM developers.

In certain rules, fields to insert Product/Category ID will be huge improvement, because for example in my case, I would not need to create dummy/control categories, assign products to them, update prices rules, ctr.

It will be easier to add generic rule with option for exception to certain products or categories. That will use less of our time for generating new dummy categories and products to be edited every time when we change our rules.