Main Menu

Display only three destinations for shipping

Started by hernan, December 01, 2016, 14:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hernan

Using:
Joomla 3.6.2
Virtuemart 3.0.16

My shop can only send productos to 4 destinations.
How could i set the forms so that the client only select one of those four when he has to choose a shipping address/location?

Thanks!

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hernan

Thanks for noticing. That's very important!
But, this site is a scholar project, so, i don't mind about the security, the professor will care about the functionality.

Studio 42

My shop can only send productos to 4 destinations.
If this are predifined location then use 4 time standard shipment and add in the description the locations.
You can hide by CSS for eg the user shipment address zone.

jenkinhill

Quote from: hernan on December 01, 2016, 15:11:35 PM
But, this site is a scholar project, so, i don't mind about the security, the professor will care about the functionality.

Personally I would fail a student who was building a sample webshop and did not pay attention to site security.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hernan

jenkinhill: I would too. But it dependes on the context.
This site was developed to learn how to manage a project under a development process, not to focus on tecnical issues.

Thanks  for responding Studio 42, i think i will use another stategy.

Studio 42

Quote from: hernan on December 02, 2016, 03:21:16 AM
jenkinhill: I would too. But it dependes on the context.
This site was developed to learn how to manage a project under a development process, not to focus on tecnical issues.

Thanks  for responding Studio 42, i think i will use another stategy.
I mean the in a development process, the security must be integrated in the strategy.
It's has if you build a bridge  and the worker do unsecured job, because the manager forgot the helmets.

alatak

Hi
Go to Configuration > Countries, and only publish the 4 countries you can send to.