News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Display Issue When Product List Extend Beyond One Page

Started by TopDrawerReviews, November 29, 2016, 04:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopDrawerReviews

Hello there, I am having an issue on my site. If on the front end, if a category has more products than can fit on one page, If:

A: You click to go to page two;

or

B: you change the display settings to increase the number of items shown per page;

Then: The page that loads is the category list that shows all top level categories.

Please advise?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

TopDrawerReviews

I was posting the orginal thread hoping a similar issue had been reported that would make for a simple fix on my end without too much detail but here is the info you requested.

As all sites should be, the newest Joomla, and the Newest VM. J:3.6.4 VM:3.0.18 php:5.6.27

the site is http://topdrawerreviews.com be advised this is an adult site, thats why I wasn't going to post the url to begin with.

No template overrides.

I do use a commercial Joomla template by the people with Community Builder but I have not seen any information about being "marketed as containing "VirtueMart styling"

Joomla SEF is on, VM is off because it broke my site but that is another issue.

Studio 42

Try to use full SEF and not disabled in the virtuemart config, it should fix it.
I have send a patch for your case, but this get only added in the next release. In all case it's better to use alias for SEO.

TopDrawerReviews

TopDrawerReviews

I have a new issue. by activating the SEO for VM the link structure on a major part of my site broke.

http://topdrawerreviews.com/want-to-follow-our-progress (LINK GOES TO AN ADULT SITE)

The link above loads a table that shows all of the products published on my site.

The link structure that was used for the 1,000 product links where <a href="view/productdetails/virtuemart_product_id/[NUMERICAL_PRODUCT_ID_NUMBER]">[PRODUCT_NAME]</a>

Now if I click one of the links the page that loads is the home page.

Is there a way to keep the "pretty link" SEO, while still having the old link structure take the user to the new link?

Studio 42

I checcked and right link is used.
I think the file was in the Joomla cache

TopDrawerReviews

Really that isn't the case, I have been working on that chart for a long time, and when the links broke, my girlfriend saw how upset I was about it, without me knowing she started fixing the links from the old version to the new version.

Studio 42

TopDrawerReviews

Yes it is an HTML table I was using to link all of the products added. The links I was using was from pulling up the product on the front-side and then add that link to the table. Right now I have the same thing going on linking the SEO url; would you recommend a better way to go about it?

Also I have something else going on and I am not sure if it is a setting or a bug. I have started adding images for the categories, well when I add a new category without adding an image to it, an image is automatically added when I save the category, then I have to go in and remove the image. Any thought?

Studio 42

You can use a sitemap, because you have now alias, i think it's simpler for you.
You can use for eg : http://shop.st42.fr/en/categories-tools/virtuemart-2-sitemap.htm
to get all the links