News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Missing top products on VM frontpage

Started by welrachid, November 28, 2016, 10:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

welrachid

Hi guys.
Not sure whats going on.
I have a problem related to showing top products for guest visitors.

I want to use it for a "fast lane", so that you can come to the website and directly buy the items that is most sold.
I have included my settings.
The "page" can be found on
http://bestilling.espresso-systems.dk/

Setup is:
VM 3.0.18
J! 3.6.4
PHP 5.4.45

The only one i can make work is the "lastest products"

Thanks
Wel
Best regards,
Wel

mcmannehan2002

jenkinhill

I no longer have a basic VM3.0.18 site here, but in Joomla main menu settings with VM3.0.18.5 you can easily define the number of best selling (and any other type) products to display on a single page, as the layout options are all available in the menu configuration.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

welrachid

Quote from: mcmannehan on November 28, 2016, 16:48:03 PM
What template you use?
vmbeez base but template should be standard since i have no override for vm on that place
Best regards,
Wel

welrachid

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 28, 2016, 17:08:40 PM
I no longer have a basic VM3.0.18 site here, but in Joomla main menu settings with VM3.0.18.5 you can easily define the number of best selling (and any other type) products to display on a single page, as the layout options are all available in the menu configuration.
Im using standard VM front page menu item. As mentioned it works with latest products.

is 3.18.5 safe for production? im only using stable versions on this site. Joomla backend doesnt say there is an update for the platform.
Best regards,
Wel

lindapowers

Quote from: welrachid on November 28, 2016, 18:37:01 PM

is 3.18.5 safe for production? im only using stable versions on this site. Joomla backend doesnt say there is an update for the platform.

VM front page is deprecated, change it for the new VM category menu item, for what you want it should work, categories or store description dont show in new category page but is reported already . Backup first but truth is we are using 3.0.18.5 in live site without major issues.

welrachid

Quote from: lindapowers on November 28, 2016, 19:34:23 PM

VM front page is deprecated, change it for the new VM category menu item, for what you want it should work, categories or store description dont show in new category page but is reported already . Backup first but truth is we are using 3.0.18.5 in live site without major issues.

Thanks
now i've changed it to category view and i tried both "show products" = on/off and show top products (yes/no) 4 rows and default row=3
either all products are displayed or NO products at all.

Should i update to 3.18.5 before this will work?
Best regards,
Wel

lindapowers

Quote from: welrachid on November 28, 2016, 20:25:05 PM

Thanks
now i've changed it to category view and i tried both "show products" = on/off and show top products (yes/no) 4 rows and default row=3

Hi, yes, but backup, that worked for me in 3.18.5 you will find many settings in that version in global config and in the menu item.

Regards

welrachid

Quote from: lindapowers on November 29, 2016, 09:51:09 AM

Thanks

Hi, yes, but backup, that worked for me in 3.18.5 you will find many settings in that version in global config and in the menu item.

Regards

Hi again
I tried. Still nothing.

I've attached my orderlist and how the setup of that menuitem and also the VM global setup.

Thanks again.

Can you not reproduce this? Is there a way for me to let VM "count" for me what it considers top selling products?
I must mention that all products are set to price=0, because there is no payment in the shop. Im using "invoicing" option of e-conomic.com so that they create the actual invoice based on the customers individual pricing.
But in the renevue report i have items sold as expected. Is top 10 selling products based on number of items sold or their pricing?
Best regards,
Wel

lindapowers

Quote from: welrachid on November 29, 2016, 12:58:32 PM

Thanks

Regards

Hi again
I tried. Still nothing.

I've attached my orderlist and how the setup of that menuitem and also the VM global setup.

Thanks again.

Can you not reproduce this? Is there a way for me to let VM "count" for me what it considers top selling products?
I must mention that all products are set to price=0, because there is no payment in the shop. Im using "invoicing" option of e-conomic.com so that they create the actual invoice based on the customers individual pricing.
But in the renevue report i have items sold as expected. Is top 10 selling products based on number of items sold or their pricing?

Hi, just tested and in my case they are shown but we use price and sell them in the common way, the only ones we have without price are some parent products which don't appear there anyway.

Sorry can't help you more since I have no clue about what does VM take in to account for those top products.

Regards

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

welrachid

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 29, 2016, 23:16:35 PM
Top Ten is based on confirmed sales.
This means that shipped items are considered confirmed. Correct? Status =S i think
Best regards,
Wel

welrachid

Quote from: lindapowers on November 29, 2016, 21:12:24 PM
Quote from: welrachid on November 29, 2016, 12:58:32 PM

Thanks

Regards

Hi again
I tried. Still nothing.

Thanks again.

Hi, just tested and in my case they are shown but we use price and sell them in the common way, the only ones we have without price are some parent products which don't appear there anyway.

Sorry can't help you more since I have no clue about what does VM take in to account for those top products.

Regards

Okay thanks a lot for you time. I think ill do some vanilla testing.
Best regards,
Wel

jenkinhill

Quote from: welrachid on November 30, 2016, 00:51:21 AM
This means that shipped items are considered confirmed. Correct? Status =S i think

Yes. Any product that has been sold.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

welrachid

Hi jenkinhill

I've been looking more into this and my findings suggest that i must correct you.
in file administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php line 566+567 it specifically says that the price MUST be higer than 0, which in my case always returns an empty set because pricing is not part of the shop.
commenting out those two lines will produce expected result.

i will therefore consider this a bug
Best regards,
Wel