News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Manage discontinued products

Started by restodo, November 26, 2016, 14:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJC Web Design

QuoteThanks! But I dont see the discontinued option in your Jooglies snapshot.
This template only affects VM? Or is also Joomla template?

come on -- 95% of the work is obviously done already for you - add what u want to it - -- and what would it cost you to install and try?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

marvays

Quote from: julash on December 15, 2017, 18:37:55 PM
Please add "discontinuedPrdsBrowseable=0" in virtuemart.cfg. Then resave virtuemart configuration from admin. This will hide discontinued products.
Hello. We have the year 2021. I need to hide sold out products in the list of categories. I put the entry in virtuemart.cfg but I still see the products in the listing. Has anything changed that doesn't work?
VirtueMart 3.8.9 10473

marvays

Can anyone write a plugin that does that when I save a product as discontinued, hide it in the category listing, set the inventory to 0, and set the template product detail from default.php to mytempalte.php?

I am willing to contribute to the development of this extension.

Darko F.

My solution to this was :

I set in hidden config there I enable settings so you cannot browse discontinued product, or search for them, keep in mind that product are still there if you go directly on link so they keep SEO rankings.  I append also badge to discontinued product, big picture.jpg so this is perfect solution for me.

But be aware with this settings you cannot browse for discontinued also in administrator on product section, unless you choose in admin a filter button with name - discontinued -.

Hope this help someone.
There in no problem if you fall. Problem is if you don't get up

pinochico

This is not the right solution.

The right solution is:
- leave discontinued products with a valid URL, for the sake of indexing and not generating 404s
- modify the override of the product detail and add information via the product photo
- edit the product detail override, exclude the Add to Cart section and inform the customer that this product is no longer available
- add a module with replacement products to the product detail (best suited to VM Product Extended, which works with discontinued products in the settings)
- edit category model and override category view and exclude discontinued products
- edit the search and override model of the VM Search module and exclude discontinued products
- edit the customfield model and override the Customfield4All components and exclude discontinued products

The result is a solution using the largest eshop in the Czech Republic - www.alza.cz, which can be seen on VirtueMart eshop for example here:

https://kolopark.easy.minion.cz/obchod/zvonek-velobel-mini-zluty-detail

Extension supporting working with discontinued products:
- Labels for VirtueMart
. VM Product Extended with Slideshow
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products