News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Request a quote without shipping and payment

Started by gabriela, November 23, 2016, 19:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gabriela

I am converting virtuemart into a quote request system rather than a shopping cart.
I have advanced in several things but I have only one problem that I can not solve.
As this is a quote request, I do not need the method of shipping and the form of payment. Both of them could be removed from the product summary, so that the user does not have to select either the payment or the shipping and can only click and send an email to the administrator.
The problem is that clicking, and although it is no longer displayed, the system anyway asks the shipping system first and then asks for the payment method, both in separate steps, that is, as if the user had forgotten to select them.

How can I really eliminate these two instances, payment and shipping?

The site under developer is http://www.solumet.cl/nuevo

Virtuemart is 3.0.18 and joomla 3.6.4

AH

why not create

one shipping and one payment method

Shipping method configured as cost of 0.00 payment required call it "No shipping"

Standard payment and call it "Quote only"

These can then be "auto" selected and the user will have to do nothing but complete the "order quote"

Unfortunately your link gave me a 403 error
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

gabriela

But in this way the shipping and payment are only instances that complicate the user and only slow down the process. There must be a way to tell Virtuemart by PHP with a condition that if the user has requested (or purchased) the products then the message is sent ... and skip everything else.

jenkinhill

No. If there is one shipping and one payment method, each requiring no input from the customer then thay can be set to autoselect and will be bypassed as there is nothing to be saved. When I set up a quote system I simply hide unrequired content with css and use language overrides to ensuire the process is obvious to the user.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gabriela

And how I could set a autoselect shipment and autoselect payment method? I could set a autoselect payment system called "without payment" for example, and a autoselect shipment called "send to email adress"? If autoselect don't need to show the step to customer would be better.

jenkinhill

In VM Configuration/Checkout  - surely you have tried this?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

You can hide, the shipment part with some CSS, or remove it, only the checkbox to use same shipto adress as billto is needed but can be replaced by an HTML hidden input field.
For the customer Bill to adress, you can use a onepage checkout and in the user fields remove or disable display for all unneeded fields.

AH

I suggest you use the one page checkout functionality

You can hide all the relevant fields as long as they are auto populated

Bill to same as ST is always auto checked so you can hide anything to do with shipping address.

This is relatively easy to do with overrides to the checkout templates

You are being advised here - but are not making it easy  -  because the link you provided is dead.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

gabriela

hi
I have one page checkout enabled. I hide the fields of shipment and payment in this page, and I think for this the system asked me again in two steps, but now I set in "Enable Automatic Selected Shipment" with self-pick up and "Enable Automatic Selected Payment" with cash on delivery, but now my problem is I can't complete the request (with or without shipment or payment, this error shows since before). The error says:

Warning: include(/home/sol515cl/public_html/nuevo/libraries/vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sol515cl/public_html/nuevo/libraries/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 412

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/sol515cl/public_html/nuevo/libraries/vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sol515cl/public_html/nuevo/libraries/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 412

Fatal error: Class 'PHPMailer' not found in /home/sol515cl/public_html/nuevo/libraries/joomla/mail/mail.php on line 18

The error is not corrected if I arrange the payment and shipping method. This error must have been happening before, but I had not checked.

The URL is still http://www.solumet.cl/nuevo/, please tell me what error shows your computer. Maybe there are some black list and I have to call to the server. I send a screenshot.

Studio 42

I think that file have not the right permission in your server.
Check with your cpanel file browser or by ftp.

gabriela

The folder and files have right 744 and 644 permissions. The system was working, the last line in error says "Fatal error: Class 'PHPMailer' not found in /home/sol515cl/public_html/nuevo/libraries/joomla/mail/mail.php on line 18" and in line 18 there are nothing (a parenthesis)

Studio 42

You have fatal error, because file
/home/sol515cl/public_html/nuevo/libraries/vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php
is not loaded
This has nothing to do with Virtuemart itself and if the file is not missing, then this is protected by a permission rule.
Note line 18 extend PHPMailer : class JMail extends PHPMailer

gabriela

I see php is not called another file, and for this the file is not missing. I don't know where I should search permissions error. If this is not necessary a VM error is maybe a user error (mailer error), but the users are the same, the emails are the same (gmail and yahoo original adress). Really I don't know what to do.

Studio 42

This code is used by standard Joomla mails too, try to send a mail from Joomla(contact form or back-end mail) and check if you have not same problem.

gabriela

Yes. I have the same problem through contact form. I will ask in joomla forum.
After I will continue with the problem with shipment and payment. Thanks.