News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Category items are disappearing

Started by Brockney, November 19, 2016, 11:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brockney

Hi,

I went on to www.emporiumvape.com using Chrome and everything appeared fine (all categories are there and showing products)

I clicked on a category, clicked on a sub category, clicked on a product and everything appeared fine.

Returned to the category and it was now empty. The same happened when clicking through all four categories.

Cleared the history and cookies and the categories are still empty.

Tried the same procedure on Firefox and the same issues are there. (All categories on Firefox were empty once I had gone through the categories on Chrome)

Tried the same thing different computer, everything was normal then then the same issues happened.

Tried on my Android and the same happened.

This has been the case since yesterday when the shop owner told me about it. I tried this morning.

Could anybody else tell me if this happens on their site (or on their computer for my site) and does anybody know how I can resolve this?

If so then many thanks and if not still thanks for taking the time to read and look

Brockney
Joomla 3.6.4
Virtuemart 3.0.18

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Brockney

Thanks for the reply and cheers for the links. The VM version is VirtueMart Version: 3.0.18 (It is in my profile and the left hand side of the post - I will include in the message in future  ;) )

Gonna check the SEF feature now, if I can't find it would you mind if I ask where it is?

Cheers :)
Joomla 3.6.4
Virtuemart 3.0.18

jenkinhill

Reason for asking for versions now is that is is important to know which Joomla version you are using as far too many Joomla sites have been hacked in recent weeks.

SEO is disabled on VM config/SEO tab and also in Joomla Golbal Configuration SEO Settings
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Brockney

Thanks...

I am using Joomla 3.6.4 along with VM 3.0.18 and will add to my signature.

I disabled SEO in both VM and Joomla! and now have the following message for both the Joomla login and the site: No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...

Luckily I did a recent backup and I will ask my service provider to restore.

Very confused as to what caused this though - I made no changes to the site yesterday or today

Appreciate your help though, many thanks
Joomla 3.6.4
Virtuemart 3.0.18

jenkinhill

That error message may be related to a bad installation of Joomla, a file permissions issue and various other issues.

It is good that you use Joomla 3.6.4 - but did you check if the site had already been visited by hackers prior to updating? I updated all my own and my client sites within an hour of the security patch release on the 25th Oct, but two other sites I was asked to update later that day already had unknown admin level users registered. ie hackers had been in!

So when you have the backup installed, check for unknown admin users, and ensure you have the latest versions.  Worth checking, too, if the hosts made any changes to the server configuration.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Brockney

The host did a full restore to last Sunday 13th November. It is functioning again but the issue prevails. I'm on the move atm, checking and responding from my android. Gonna check from my laptop when back indoors. Appreciating your advice and assistance
Joomla 3.6.4
Virtuemart 3.0.18

Brockney

My host Site5 have done a full restore of the site to where it was on November 13th (it was working correctly then)

After the restore it still has the issues that commenced on November 18th

Good advice about the hackers, I checked in the back end and there are no users that should not be there.

The site has been fine since I updated Joomla! and apart from adding 12 products to a new sub category I made no changes to the layout.

I have contacted the hosting firm Site5 in the hope of a resolution

Hoping I can get this sorted out :-\
Joomla 3.6.4
Virtuemart 3.0.18

Brockney

It actually turns out that I had exceeded the disk space quota with my host so I increased it. Had it not been for you this would not have occurred to me so many thanks!!
Joomla 3.6.4
Virtuemart 3.0.18

jenkinhill

Good to know it is sorted. I have seen problems with some sites where the temp files were not deleted after updates and gradually fill up.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Milbo

Yepp the temp directory of joomla is a standard problem
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member