News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Looking for search module

Started by sandomatyas, December 14, 2016, 21:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandomatyas

I'm looking for a VirtueMart search module which can do the following things:
display several search fieldsm at least the following ones: product name, sku, gtin, manufacturer
And visitors can search for products based on these fields. If the visitor wants to show all of the products which has 12345 in the gtin field but not in the name, he can't do it now.
Could you suggest a solution for that?

Studio 42

Check in the Virtuemart back-end, in the config : tab> Product Order Settings, you can change the Available Search Fields.
Of course the search is always only 1 field for all options, but perhaps you don't need more ?

sandomatyas

Quote from: Studio 42 on December 15, 2016, 11:02:58 AM
Check in the Virtuemart back-end, in the config : tab> Product Order Settings, you can change the Available Search Fields.
Of course the search is always only 1 field for all options, but perhaps you don't need more ?

Sure I know that. But this is what I need to avoid. I need fields to every search option

Studio 42

Sorry,
it's not possible in the core module and component.
I don't think that other search module have more options. Some can filter the categories, but the search field is always global.
If you need it, you have to find a developper. CJC webdesign do some coding and me too.
The core team can do it too, if you pay for it.
Regards,
Patrick