New Pending Order on every credit card decline payment attempt - Authorizenet

Started by afterglow80, November 11, 2016, 22:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afterglow80

Hi There,
We hope you can help, we've tried searching all over for this with no luck.

Using Joomla!3.6.4 and Virtuemart 3.0.18, with authorize.net for credit card payment. The issue is when a customer attempts to place an order and receives a decline virtuemart creates a pending status order for every single decline, until the proper payment information is entered and the order goes through and is confirmed.

Under Order Status Parameters: "Transaction declined" is set to Cancelled, and "Transaction held for review" is set to Pending. Is there anyway to make it so it doesn't create the order until it's confirmed? We end up with 5 pending orders and 1 confirmed for the same person in a single session sometimes. We hope there's a solution it's a beautiful store software. Thank you in advance. Kind Regards,

afterglow80

Just an update: We changed the settings in creditcart authorizenet payment plugin in virtuemart to the following settings:
Orders status parameters:
Order Status for Approved Payments: Confirmed
Transaction declined: Denied
Transaction held for review: Denied

We had a customer just now try to place an order with credit card, 3 failed attempts. There are now three new orders in pending status? Is this a bug?

franzpeter

You mean with your last post: The customer did change the credentials for credit card processing in the same order to receive validation or did the customer create every time a new order to enter credit card credentials?
As far as I can see the settings in the first post should be correct. It means: if authorize.net does authorise a payment, the order should be: confirmed. If authorize net says: there is something wrong with the credentials or whatever order is set to cancelled. Transaction held for review seems to be a Virtuemart method. I doubt about that authorize net sends such a message. They accept or decline a transaction.

franzpeter

Sorry, I must correct after checking the authorize net page. There is a response called Held for review. So I do not think that it is a Virtuemart problem.