News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Can't find how to translate specific parts.

Started by Bayron, November 04, 2016, 10:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bayron

Hi, i'm having some issues with Virtuemart translation.
Using Joomla 3.6.4 and Virtuemart 3.0.18.
Already managed to translate "sales price" "tax amount"...etc..but the same element get's translated as i wanted only while browsing products.
Those lines are still in english while i open the actual product.
Gave a try to overrides to, can't even find those strings. To be more precise, even in override they seem to be changed already, and they actually are until i open the actual product.
Any clue?
P.S. Sorry for my English, not my language
P.P.S. Aren't both sides (browsing and in product details) managed from the COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE? (as well as tax amount, sales price with and without tax)

GJC Web Design

for the Joomla lang over rides have u tried to set them in the Admin over rides and check (use for both)?

generally the same constant is used everywhere as the e.g. sublayouts/prices.php is used everywhere
if u want different between detail and browse u need to clone the prices.php - rename and call in the template u want
change then the constant obviously
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Bayron

I think you missunderstood the situation.
It's the exact opposite. I want the strings "Sales price", "tax amount" and "sales price with tax" to be the same in either browsing or product details.
They aren't even if it seems that they pick up the string from the same file/query.
Hope i explained it better now :D

jiasios

Well, i have the same problem. Price labels in category view are according to my language overrides, but in product details it displays a text that i can't find anywhere in my language .ini files. Where are those text-strings?

Jörgen

Are You using a commercial template? check out Your template directory.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jiasios

I tried to change template but it does not affect the text. More specific the problem is with the price labels. Is there any other file to contain custom language translations for virtuemart except language/el-GR/el-GR.com_virtuemart.ini ??

Jörgen

Turn on Joomla language debugging, and You will get a list of language errors, loaded language files and not translated language keys at the bottom of Your screen.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

jiasios

Does virtuemart take the translation online from a project database? Because it turned to Greek without installing greek virtuemart language, just changed joomla language. Now the only way to change that specific label is to override english language and turn the website to ENGLISH from Joomla language option.

COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_BASEPRICE="Base price: "
COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_BASEPRICE_VARIANT="Base price for variant: "
COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_BASEPRICE_WITHTAX="Base price with tax: "
COM_VIRTUEMART_COMMENT_CART="Notes and special requests"

One more thing to notice is that, even if i delete all files from GR language, it still displays greek language in labels, which means my language is not affected by com_virtuemart.ini

Jörgen

Do You have Greek language for Joomla, then the language strings come from there. VM has no hidden database for this AFAIK. The string You are showing are probably the english fallback for the missing greek language strings. Add thoose either by installing greek language or add them one by one using the Joomla language override. Changing language strings is best done by language override or else You will have your translations  reverted at the next update of the language files.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Studio 42

jiasios

It is disabled from the beginning. Still searching for the source of this wrong greek translation. It looks crazy to me!

jiasios

The translation on category view is correct, as i have written it on com_virtuemart.ini. On product details, it is wrong. i Cleared all cache, i deleted language files, nothing seems to work. Do you need any screenshot or file uploaded to help me?

jiasios

And i could easilly change whole joomla to english, but i have installed the VP Onepage checkout and some text strings are automatically translated to default language and then i can't translate them instead.

Jörgen

Overriding the strings in Joomla language tools and ticking bith back end and front end is usually the best way to go. Editing the anguage files is a non update secure way. And of course also installing the correct language files.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

GJC Web Design

VP Onepage checkout has its own language file/strings
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation