News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Upgrade to 3.0.18 multi variant issue

Started by Pejo, November 04, 2016, 01:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

Yepp, the old files work now again, when you activate the fallback. Just the js is not perfect, it tries first to load the old container and if not available, it tries the old way.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bortolani

I confirm that in my website most of the problems caused by VM 3.0.18 have been fixed by the 3.0.18.1 release.

Bugs that I still found are the following:

1) If you create a multi variant child using the 'Add a child product' button in the custom field area then an extra product 'scalar' is created. This does not happen if you create the child using the  'Add a child product' button in the 'Product information' tab. By the way I couldn't find an easy method to delete the 'scalar' child.

If you want to reproduce the error do the following:
- Activate the 'legacy' option in 3.0.18.1
- Edit a product and add a custom field of multi variant type
- Press the 'Add a child product' button in the multi variant area
- Two child products are created: one is OK, the other is named scalar and makes no sense :(

2) If you try to show the cart content after having switched to another language you get an SQL syntax error related to shipment methods selections. This does not happen if you simply switch languages when already showing the cart. This does not happen either if you put a product in the cart directly from the second language.

If you want to reproduce the error do the following:
- When in language A put a product in the cart
- Show the cart
- Exit the cart, continue shopping
- Switch to language B
- Show the cart
- Error :(

And concerning multi variants there is still the bug described here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=135381.msg471324#msg471324

Milbo

You do that in one row?
You create a new product, you do not give a name, you do not store it? you directly add the MV and then you directly use the "add to new Produkt"?

I cannot reproduce it and wonder about. "- Activate the 'legacy' option in 3.0.18.1" is only active in the FE!
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bortolani

Hi Milbo.

Just to explain it better.

Option 1:

VM 3.0.18.1
I check the flag you added in VM config to enable legacy layouts.
I edit an existing product or a new one and I add a new custom field of type multi variant, for example color.
I set three values: red green blue and save
Then I add a new child product using the button in the custom fiels area.
I see two new products: one is the regular child with proper name, the other one is called 'scalar' and there is no way to delete it.

Option 2:

VM 3.0.18.1
I check the flag you added in VM config to enable legacy layouts.
I edit an existing product or a new one and I add a new custom field of type multi variant, for example color.
I set three values: red green blue and save
Then I add a new child product using the button in the product details area.
I see one new product: just the regular child with proper name.

Hope you are able to reproduce the behaviour.

Milbo

Okey, you store the product in between, that was the question.

I checked both buttons and they look exactly the same. Btw, which php version do you use?

open your controller product.php in BE /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/controller/product.php around line 294, please replace the code with the one below

$cids = vRequest::getInt($this->_cidName, vRequest::getInt('virtuemart_product_id'));
$cids = array_unique($cids);
foreach($cids as $cid){
        $cid = (int) $cid;

if ($cid and $model->createClone($cid)) {
$msg = vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_CLONED_SUCCESSFULLY');
} else {
$msg = vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_NOT_CLONED_SUCCESSFULLY');
$msgtype = 'error';
}
}