News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Way to restore deleted currencies?

Started by Pejo, October 27, 2016, 23:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pejo

Hello,

I have deleted currencies from list and leave few of them that I need, but now I need more and I know I can create them manually, but is there way to restore it/them from delete? When you delete currency, does it delete table on server (MySQL) or not?

How about when you delete country from list? Same thing or?

Do I need to create them manually now or is there some kind of way to restore them? If I need to create them manually, is there some kind of documentation where I can see currency details (such as "Code 2 letters", "Code 3 letters", "Numeric Code", etc)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

jenkinhill

You should never delete currencies or countries. You should just unpublish them. In fact for a long time now there has been no delete button on the Country list page.

If you update VM to a current version then the currencies & countries "should" reappear.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Pejo

Thanks for reply

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have Joomla 3.6.2 and VM 3.0.14 - paid template.

I have update now to latest 3.6.4 Joomla and latest VM 3.0.18, but did not restore either currencies or countries. Going now to see on server if there are tables of currencies and countries.

Pejo

Yep, tables are deleted, too.

Is there any way to restore this tables? Either form Joomla admin panel or phpMyAdmin?

If I'll try to install VM from Admin panel, like you install other modules and component, I am afraid that I'll loose template chages made on some VM files that template can look as it looks...

Was someone here dumb as me to delete all currencies thinking that he won't use a lot of them again, but then (of course) he/she needed some of them? :(

Pejo

OK, I resolve problem and this is how I have done it, so if someone delete Currencies next time :D :

On my server I have made new database and install Joomla with VM all over again (I did't touch my original web shop where I have deleted currencies and Countries), let's call this new web shop "temporary web shop".
After all is installed again on separate database and subdomain (like I sad, do not touch original web shop at all), I have update Joomla and VM on temporary web shop so it can be exactly as it is on my original web shop.

After update is done, I have connect to phpMyAdmin (temporary web shop's database) and export jos_virtuemart_currencies ("jos_" is prefix of your table, so on your server will be something like yourprefix_virtuemart_currencies), also I have export jos_virtuemart_countries and then I have enter to database of my original web shop.

There I deleted jos_virtuemart_currencies  and jos_virtuemart_countries and import exported one from my temporary web shop.

Job is done, everything is back again. :)

ATENTION: remember to rename imported virtuemart_currencies  and virtuemart_countries tables with prefix of your original web shop, on my case jos_virtuemart_currencies  and jos_virtuemart_countries.
If you are making temporary site on new database, maybe you'll leave prefix as Joomla install files makes it, in Joomla's case, it is always different with random letters.