Emails are not in Customers Language

Started by loui, October 27, 2016, 01:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loui

Joomla! 3.6.4
PHP-Version 5.6.26
VirtueMart 3.0.18

Hi there,

I have a multilingual shop. 5 languages.
BE language is German.

I recieve the Customer Confirmation in the chosen language from the FE. Thats OK!
When i confirm in the BE, the Email as also PDF are generated in the BE language (German), which is wrong, not in Customers language.

What i am doing wrong??

*Edit*
I updated to PHP 7
Multilanguage status: all green

Problem still the same :(

jjk

Just checked the confirmation email sent to the customer and the pdf invoice in one of my bilingual (German/English) VM 3.0.18 test installations. I'm using an english language backend. If the order is made in German, the email to the customer and the pdf incvoice are generated and sent in German, too. So it works in my case.
Do you use any third party VM extensions or a third party VM template?
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

loui

Thank you for your answer!

I only use "KC VM Registration Redirect" which i deactivated to try if it coused the problem. Didn't help.
Also i dont use a 3rd party VM template. Its strange couse this is been a problem in earlier versions and maybe still a bug.

jjk

I did have a look at your website but currently don't have the time to investigate your issues thoroughly.

The initial confirmation emails are sent in the correct language. But status order changes are probably sent in the selected admin language. Perhaps you can test this by changing your admin language to English temporarily and then check the emails after order status changes and the pdf invoice language again.

Perhaps check if this makes a difference: Go to Extensions > Plugins > System Language Code. It is activated, but no Language codes are added. You may use for example en for English and de for German.

Also some users reported problems with php 7 and reverting back to php 5.6 solved their problem. (Just a hint - don't remember if your specific problem is related to the php version).

For your invoices and order confimation emails some strings still need to be translated - like for example "Zahlbar innerhalb von 14 Tagen" is shown in the english language pdf invoice.

loui

Thank you for looking into!

QuoteThe initial confirmation emails are sent in the correct language. But status order changes are probably sent in the selected admin language.

This is definitaly the case. I tested this.

QuotePerhaps check if this makes a difference: Go to Extensions > Plugins > System Language Code. It is activated, but no Language codes are added. You may use for example en for English and de for German.

Tested this also with "de-DE" and "de" only. Made no difference.

I dont think thats a PHP version problem. I came from PHP 5.6 after long testing and tryed PHP7 in hope it would help. I will try to downgrade to PHP5.6 as you told.

Quotesome strings still need to be translated
Thank you. I know that. Will be added later. First i need to fix this BE/FE problem somehow.

K&K media production

can confirm this issue for J3, with J2.5 all works fine

K&K media production

loui

Quoteit is solved in the next release

This would be great. Thank you!

K&K media production

This testversion includes the fix:
http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/1025/com_virtuemart.3.0.18.1_extract_first.zip, of course use a backup for testing

loui

Thank you!

Neu version (3.0.18.1)  is installed after Backup.

Now i have new Problems:

In Customers Language are Cart and Product details missing.

Just getting an 404 Error.

*EDIT*

i could not fix this so i installed new as multilingual and now it works.

loui

NEW Vers.
VirtueMart 3.0.18.2
=================

OK i think i found something.

1. Without Language-Overrides (Admin) seems to be ok.... but
- if i add some overrides it takes the wrong one .ini -

4 Example: Try this in de-DE.override.ini and make an order in ENG:
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_C="Bestätigung Ihrer Bestellung Nr.%3$s - %1$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_P="Ihre Bestellung Nr.%3$s wird bearbeitet - %1$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_R="Ihre Bestellung Nr.%3$s wurde rückerstattet - %1$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_S="Ihre Bestellung Nr.%3$s wurde versendet - %1$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_X="Ihre Bestellung Nr.%3$s wurde storniert - %1$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_U="Ihre Bestellung Nr.%3$s ist bestätigt - %1$s"

2. Also i get the wrong language HEAD & FOOTER in the invoice when confirmed in BE.

jjk

Does it work with VM 3.0.18.3 in your case?

loui

QuoteDoes it work with VM 3.0.18.3 in your case?

Still exactly the same   :-\

Confirmation from BE (without override.ini) gets the wrong language Header/Footer for the invoice PDF.  Invoice content is ok.
Confirmation from BE (with override.ini) gets the wrong language Header/Footer for the invoice PDF.  Invoice content is also wrong ini.

FE looks good!

K&K media production

Header and Footer is fixed in the last release 3.0.18.4

But it seems not possible to change the used language of the overrides. One working solution for the invoice may be the following:  delete the overrides for each language and add these overrides as your own language files to your template.

https://www.yireo.com/tutorials/joomla/joomla-programming/721-load-a-custom-language-file-in-your-joomla-template

loui

QuoteHeader and Footer is fixed in the last release 3.0.18.4

In the BE > Shop > E-Mails - SamplePDF(preview) = works well
Im my send-out/confirmed Email Header/Footer as also Invoice PDF Header/Footer = still the wrong language

Now also the content inbetween is wrong language.

QuoteOne working solution for the invoice may be the following:  delete the overrides for each language and add these overrides as your own language files to your template.
sounds good. I need to try this.

Thank you!