News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

IIS 7.5 - URLSCAN - Accented vowels

Started by felixthenet, October 26, 2016, 00:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felixthenet

Hi everybody.
I only wanted to signal a problem I faced in a very peculiar situation.
I'm running a windows server with IIS 7.5, J3.6.4 and VM 3.0.18, till last week I had no problem, but recently, due to spammers attacks, I installed the MS module UrlScan 3.1, in order to manage a good log file to identify and isolate these SOABs :-)
After this, I started to receive some 404 errors while browsing several detail pages, In the end I discovered that the Urlscan service was bloching all the products having any italian accented vowel into the name.
I first tried to change the vowels with the correspondent letter followed by a ' but it didn't work. I had to delete all these products and recreate them without accents into their names, once newly recreted and tested I could finally swap the product name to the original one with the accented vowel not having any consequence.
I think the problem resides into the link path generated during the first creation, further change of product name and details didn't cause any other problem with the protection mechanism.
It took a while to understand what was happening, so maybe, this could be usefull to somebody.
I don't even know if this has to be reported to Devs, in any case I hope they read this post.
Good night everybody

Milbo

Change the SEF mode to transliterated slugs, this is not a vm error, because it is server issue. But we provide both modi. You may need to restore the products (open, delete alias, store).
The setting is in joomla "unicode Aliases", you need them.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member