News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Ordering Column Missing in Products > Products -- VM3.0.18 J!3.6.3

Started by afterglow80, October 24, 2016, 06:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afterglow80

Ordering Column is no longer present in VM3.0.18 J!3.6.3 Products > Products, on a fresh install. I'm no longer able to manually reorder the products. Reordering for the Product Categories works, and for child variants of parent products in the listing on the product page works. But I'm not able to reorder the parent products in the categories. Is there a feature somewhere I'm missing to make the Ordering column show for products? I have Default Product Sort Order set to Ordering. I go to Products > Products and the Ordering column is missing (it's present in the Products > Product Categories section though). How can I make the Ordering column show in Products > Products?  Thank you in advance for your help!

jenkinhill

AFAIK there has never been a reorder column in the main products list, you can only reorder products within an individual category. And I just confirmed that with a VM2.6.17 site that I am about to upgrade.

If it is essential for you (although I cannot see why it should be required) then I guess you can create a top level category and assign all products to that.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

afterglow80

Hi Jenkinhill,
That's what I meant! Thank you! Your reply actually made me look at this differently and found how to do it! My last store was VM 1.1.18 so it's been a while, vm3 is new to me.

It's under Products > Product Categories, then go to the Products Column to the right of the Category name, and click on show. This allows me to reorder the products in the individual categories.

Thank you so much!!! VM3 is beautiful!!! :) GREAT JOB VM DEV TEAM!

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member