News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Base price showing in product details page but not in cart

Started by websmith, October 21, 2016, 13:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

websmith

Joomla 3.6 VM 3.0.18

Just notice after updating to the VM 3,0.18 that the cart is not displaying the base price or msrp. In product details page I have the following

MSRP 73

Sale Price 53

Discount 25.

This is good. When I add to cart it shows

Price 53

Sales Price 53

Discount 25

I tried changing various settings in configuration / pricing tab but to no avail. I even disabled the One Page Checkout plugin and and used core VM cart and still same issue.

Im a little bleary eyed over this and sure its a simple fix. Any help would be appreciated.

K&K media production

You're using template overrides. Please try it without your overrides. Maybe you have to adjust your overrides for vm 3.0.18.

If you've bought your template, please ask your template developer for a new version.

websmith

Template is protostar.
The cart seems to be pulling the price with this:
<span class="PricediscountedPriceWithoutTax">
That price should be Base price or MSRP, not discounted.

How and where could this be changed or updated? Odd how the product details page shows correct pricing but the cart is pulling different pricing fields?

websmith

I tried adjusting every override I could think of and find and nothing affects the base price.
I did check the product pricing and information page in the Virtuemart Admin panel and the final price overwrite "final price override" seems to be the issue.

I need to have the final price overwrite available to reflect the new pricing and discounts. Any idea on how to overcome this problem with this new information? Ive attached a screencap to show what Im referring to in admin panel. Thanks again.

jenkinhill

It really does look like you are using template overrides (but you have not provided a URL) and maybe a one page checkout plugin.  If using overrides with Protostar the they will be in /templates/protostar/html/com_virtuemart/  if you rename that directory to com_virtuemart_ then it will not be used and will use VM default templates by default. For a one page checkout this can be disabled by unpublishing the plugin. 

It is simple steps like this that enable the cause of issues to be identified.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

websmith

Thank you Jenkinhill for the insight. I have renamed the templates/protostar/html/com_virtuemart to templates/protostar/html/_com_virtuemart

I disabled the vmone page checkout, and the problem is still there using virtuemart core cart.

I am using alatak ups shipping and alatak cc offline processing. I dont think they would have anything to do with core cart file pricing but mentioning just in case.

I did import products using csvi updated and have final price with override in product info page. One thing I did notice was I didnt have a com_vurtuemart folder in template/html/ directory until I upgraded to 3.0.18.

Is there any other place to look into that an override can take place like this? Thanks again for your time and help.

kishoreonwork

Can you enable debug mode and post the result ? Debugging mode can be enabled by going to Configuration ->Advanced Settings ->Enable debugging messages & PHP Developer mode

Thanks
Kishore
I am available for paid joomla and virtuemart consulting.
http://www.kishoreweblabs.com/
skype kishore2607

K&K media production

without any overrides and "override final price" enabled you should see something like the attached image

websmith

I have no overrides that I know of. My understanding is that the overrides would be in the templates/protostar/html/com_virtuemart folder. I didnt have a com_virtuemart folder in this path until I upgraded to 3.0.18.

I dont think I would have edited the template directly either. Ill try to compare an older version backup of the template file and see if anything stands out.

Heres the debug info. This is the first cart page after clicking add to cart from product details page. The variable order amount is incorrect. Its displaying the discounted amount, not final overwrite price setup in product information page.

vmdebug PHP 5.4
vmdebug Show All Errors
vmdebug LangCount: 1 $siteLang: en-US self::$vmlangSef: en self::$_jpConfig->lang en_us DefLang en_gb
vmdebug vmTime: time to load config: 0.0162410736083984
vmdebug Start used Ram 12M
vmdebug getVendorId normal shopper
vmdebug Created new Calculator Instance
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 7.99 = TRUE for variable weight = 11.0231131092439 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 7.99 = TRUE for variable order amount = 53.99 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 7.99 = FALSE for variable zip = 0 Reason: is NOT within Range of the condition from 10010 to 10014
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 7.99 = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 0, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 7.99 (10003) = TRUE for variable weight = 11.0231131092439 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 7.99 (10003) = TRUE for variable order amount = 53.99 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 7.99 (10003) = FALSE for variable zip = 0 Reason: is NOT within Range of the condition from 10003 to 10003
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 7.99 (10003) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 0, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10001) = TRUE for variable weight = 11.0231131092439 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10001) = TRUE for variable order amount = 53.99 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10001) = FALSE for variable zip = 0 Reason: is NOT within Range of the condition from 10001 to 10001
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10001) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 0, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10002) = TRUE for variable weight = 11.0231131092439 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10002) = TRUE for variable order amount = 53.99 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10002) = FALSE for variable zip = 0 Reason: is NOT within Range of the condition from 10002 to 10002
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10002) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 0, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10007) = TRUE for variable weight = 11.0231131092439 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10007) = TRUE for variable order amount = 53.99 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10007) = FALSE for variable zip = 0 Reason: is NOT within Range of the condition from 10007 to 10007
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10007) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 0, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10009) = TRUE for variable weight = 11.0231131092439 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10009) = TRUE for variable order amount = 53.99 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10009) = FALSE for variable zip = 0 Reason: is NOT within Range of the condition from 10009 to 10009
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10009) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 0, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10013) = TRUE for variable weight = 11.0231131092439 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10013) = TRUE for variable order amount = 53.99 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10013) = FALSE for variable zip = 0 Reason: is NOT within Range of the condition from 10013 to 10013
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10013) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 0, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10016) = TRUE for variable weight = 11.0231131092439 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10016) = TRUE for variable order amount = 53.99 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10016) = FALSE for variable zip = 0 Reason: is NOT within Range of the condition from 10016 to 10016
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10016) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 0, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10018) = TRUE for variable weight = 11.0231131092439 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10018) = TRUE for variable order amount = 53.99 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10018) = FALSE for variable zip = 0 Reason: is NOT within Range of the condition from 10018 to 10018
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10018) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 0, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10038) = TRUE for variable weight = 11.0231131092439 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10038) = TRUE for variable order amount = 53.99 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10038) = FALSE for variable zip = 0 Reason: is NOT within Range of the condition from 10038 to 10038
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10038) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 0, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug getCCFromSession Var1:
vmdebug _getPluginNameInfo Var1:

vmdebug vmTime: Time consumed for shipment/payment plugins: 0.114715099334717
vmdebug Going to set core fields unrequired
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 7.99 = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 223, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 7.99 (10003) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 223, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10001) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 223, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10002) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 223, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10007) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 223, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10009) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 223, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10013) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 223, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10016) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 223, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10018) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 223, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Flat Rate Same Day Delivery 9.99 (10038) = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 223, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug calculateShipmentPrice $shipment INVALID set cart->virtuemart_shipmentmethod_id = 0 Var1:
vmdebug vmTime: Time consumed for shipment/payment plugins: 0.0154190063476562
vmdebug End used Ram 25.25M
vmdebug Peak memory peak 25.25M
vmdebug vmTime: vm view Finished task : 0.268929004669189

jenkinhill

I think you are trying to give a 25$ discount to a product of base price 78.99$. You don't seem to be applying tax, so you should be applying a tax/calculation rule of -25$ to the base price as a Price modifier after tax,  giving a saleprice of 53.99$ 

This gives a default cart layout as seen in the image. I don't know how this will look in your one page checkout.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

websmith

Thanks Jenkinhill. Would this be the proper procedure for adding a discount and sale price?

I have over 400 products I would have to go through and update. Dreading that.

Would the next update release fix this or did I import pricing incorrectly? We used the csvI plugin.

Milbo

Quote from: websmith on October 24, 2016, 14:57:42 PM
I did import products using csvi updated and have final price with override in product info page.

The override prices must be used with caution. They are not there for simple discounts. I wonder if it would be better to remove them.

Quote from: websmith on October 24, 2016, 14:57:42 PM
One thing I did notice was I didnt have a com_vurtuemart folder in template/html/ directory until I upgraded to 3.0.18. 

We do not create overrides. You must check, which template you use. Protostar was just an example.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jenkinhill

Quote from: Milbo on October 25, 2016, 11:15:56 AM
The override prices must be used with caution. They are not there for simple discounts. I wonder if it would be better to remove them.

Price override is very useful when used correctly. So instead of removing the option maybe add some sort of "READ THE MANUAL" instruction.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

websmith

The problem we face with using a tax to discount a price is that there is not a specific percentage to apply to all products to get the discounted price.

Each product has a unique formula to get a discount price, so entering final price in override seems to be the easiest option.

How do others apply discounts to hundreds or more products? Wouldn't using a spreadsheet and importing them make the most sense?