News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Problem with the sub categories

Started by babu65, October 21, 2016, 00:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babu65

hi, I've a problem with the subcategory of products.
If I make a sub category when in the front end I display it in the parent category or into it the articles  in the bottom of page I've the following message:
QuoteNotice: Undefined property: VirtuemartViewCategory::$search in /home/responsi/public_html/templates/elegantstore/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php on line 356

I've seen in the file at line 356 ant there is

<?php
} elseif ($this->search !== NULL) {
echo vmText::('COM_VIRTUEMART_NO_RESULT') . ($this->keyword ' : (' $this->keyword ')' '');
}

But I can't understand where is the problem.

Somebody can help me?

Many thanks in advance.

GJC Web Design

try with the stock  default.php file first

u give no versions etc
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

babu65

:-[ Sorry, I'm using Joomla 3.6.3 and VM 3.018
Sorry again, but I don't understand what have you in mind when say "try with the stock  default.php file first" :'(

babu65

The error disappear if i made a product into parent category

jenkinhill

The error is coming from your template override:  /templates/elegantstore/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php on line 356  not from default virtuemart. If you rename that file (on a temporary basis) then VM will use its own default.php template file instead. If the error goes away then it is a template issue and you should ask your Joomla eleganstore template provider for a fixed version.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jumbo!

It is a problem if your template.

Open - templates/elegantstore/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php

Now replace the following codes:

<?php
} elseif ($this->search !== NULL) {
echo vmText::('COM_VIRTUEMART_NO_RESULT') . ($this->keyword ' : (' $this->keyword ')' '');
}

by

<?php
} elseif (isset($this->search) && $this->search !== NULL) {
}

babu65

Thanks to all for the replies,
I've following the suggestion of Jumbo, so now it's working.
Unfortunately I've a strange problem but I dont think is related at the first.
In the italian vesrsion of the site all work well, in the english I've a problem when I log in as a registered user. Infact the sub menu voices of the main voice "Products" disappear and in the main page of VM if I select a category the browser is redirect at the home page instead in to the category.
I've checked the permissions of English user groups  of VM and they are the same of Italian user groupsThe

site is http://agriturismovip.it
User: pippo
PSW: pippo1234