News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Currency and Shopper Group

Started by BKintera, October 18, 2016, 18:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BKintera

Hi,

I'm developing online store with 2 currencies, 2 diffrent shopper groups and 2 diffrent products price.

Shopper group A (Customers from Switzerland): Product A with Price A for example 200 CHF
Shopper group B (Other customers): Product A with Price B for example 100 EUR

I've purshased third party plugin and with that plugin I achive one goal - when user select country he is automatically moved in shopper group A or shopper group B.
But this is only one part of the solution, because when user select Switzerland, he will see products prices for Switzerland (shopper group A) but prices are still in EUR, not CHF. He can switch currency by clicking a button, but that's not good enough.

I need to automatically switch currency from EUR to CHF when user select Switzerland (read: when user select shopper group A).

Long story short, how to automatically assign currency to shopper group or shopper group to currency?

Virtuemart 3.0.16
Joomla 3.6.0

Best regards

michel777

Hi,

a very simple solution: separate product pricing for the groups - til you will find an "intelligent" solution.

BTW:  which  extension ( "third party plugin:  when user select country he is automatically moved in shopper group A or shopper group B")

Warm regards

Michel

BKintera

Hi Michel,

It's not that simple because when user choose his shopper group, it's still the same currency and I need to disable shoppers from Switzerland to select Euro (which is default currency by the way).

Extension is "BIT Change Shopper Group for Virtuemart".

Sorry for late response.

Best regards,
Milan