News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Email to administrator for to request a quote

Started by gabriela, October 18, 2016, 15:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gabriela

Hi

I had read the post "Quote Request or Enquiry for Multiple products" in this forum, that is closed (https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=131428.0#lastPost). There is talk of transforming the shopping cart in a cart whose purpose is to ask for a quote.

WooCommerce provides a plugin that performs this function, but WooCommerce developers are not responsible for it, because it is an external development.

That makes me want to be Virtuemart who give me the solution.

My question is the last step of shopping, in the email that is send to administrator,  if I want that product selection is added to a list when customers are interested in more than one product.

I can not select "Catalogue mode" because the option that is generated from "Ask for Price" does not lead to a list of several products. The user only can ask for request one by one product.

Well, if I have the shopping cart working, and I can hide the price and change the buttons texts ("Add to cart" for "Request a quote" or "Add for to request a quote"), I have to select a "form payment "or" payment gateway ".
What form of payment must select or create to make it just send the list to email manager?

This is the first time I use Virtuemart 3. Before I used VM1.0 and VM2.0 and I always thought would be better to have this funcionality integrated on the core.

jenkinhill

The method is effectively integrated into core VM. It just requires language & template overrides which are part of normal VM site development anyway.

Use the VM-Payment Standard payment plugin,  to set up te plugin just give it a suitable name and publish it. No need for any other configuration. The set it to autoselect in configuration/checkout.  It's as easy as that.   You can, of course, hide the ship/pay selections from the cart with css.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gabriela

Thanks you very much. I think I will try with this. And with a VM template!