News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Selecting option from featured products not working consistently

Started by websmith, October 17, 2016, 16:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

websmith

Joomla 3.6 VM 3.0.18

When selecting a products option from drop down list on shops home page featured items, the selected item doesnt always add to cart when selected. If I go back and select the item the page refreshes and adds the proper option to cart. Is this a bug in featured items display? Anyone else having such issues and how can I address this? This seems to be only happening with featured products on shop page, not product details page for some strange reason.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

websmith

Joomla protostar template

jenkinhill

It works OK for me on Protostar - but you say "doesn't always", which is not easy to work out why, but I'd tend to think in terms of js. There will be a 3.0.18.1 coming out soon with various fixes so maybe wait for that, as it does not seem to be a show stopper.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

websmith

Thank you very much for the reply.
This issue seems to be on any featured page or category page. Is there a way to make those pages not display add to cart? ONly display add to cart from product details page until the new version comes out?

The issue is sporadic with me but consistent every time the owner reviews from iphone. If we can have add to cart display only on product details page for time being that should help out alot.

jenkinhill

You can hide the addtocart-area using css as long as you are specific about the classes used so you don't remove it from product details. 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK