News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Pb after upgrading virtuemart 3.0.14 --> 3.0.18

Started by cat1910, October 13, 2016, 20:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cat1910

On a Joomla 3.6.2 website, when upgrading virtuemart 3.0.14 --> 3.0.18 I had an error message :

"Alert
Duplicate column name 'oc_note' SQL=ALTER TABLE `#__virtuemart_orders` CHANGE COLUMN `customer_note` `oc_note` varchar(20000) NOT NULL DEFAULT "" COMMENT 'old customer notes'
Error
Component : error on installation"

The shop is working online... but at the last step for paying, there is an error page with error 1054 and no explication.
I think that files had been updated, but I wonder if the database has been updated.
What can I do...? Could you help ?

Thank you,
Catherine

GJC Web Design

an odd error..  maybe u already have the change to oc_notes done? customer notes have been moved from orders to order_userinfos table -- the old field is renamed

and what is the error at checkout?  Try vm debug or joomla debug to find the actual error

have u tried the VM admin tools-> table updater .. ONLY THAT!!!

Install or if necessary update tables
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

cat1910

OK, I deleted the field "customer notes" in the table "virtuemart_orders", and then I've been able to reinstall VM and VM AIO.
Everything is OK now.
Thanks for your quick response.
Catherine