News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product not showing on frontpage

Started by Davvvid12345, October 07, 2016, 21:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davvvid12345

Hello Guys,

I am new here and new to VirtueMart. I have installed VM3 and have the problem with product displaying. None of the products are displayed on front page.
I have created two categories that are displayed just fine but no products are. I have 3 languages on my shop but products are assigned all languages and no shoppers groups.

Please help it drives me nuts.

Thanks for any advice.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Davvvid12345

Hi.
Thanks for the rules. I guess that will speed up an answer.

I am using Joomla 3.6.2. PHP version 5.5.35 and database client version 5.6.30,

Virtue mart 3.0.18.

My web page is at my local host at the moment so cannot give live IP adress

any advice pls ?

jenkinhill

I'll have to guess then that you have set the home link to VirtueMart » Front page  - this is now deprecated, you should now use VirtueMart » Category Layout  set to the top level cat - you can configure the page display then on the second tab of the menu configuration.   http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/477-release-of-3-0-18-connecting-the-loose-ends
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Davvvid12345

Hi,

Yeah u geuessed it. I have had my Home menu item set to VM front page and I could see a categories but no product have shown. I changed it to category layout as u suggested but now not even categories are shown.

Any other suggestions?

jenkinhill

So the next question is are you using the default Virtuemart templates? If not, try Protostar which will cause the defaults to be used.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Davvvid12345

Hello,

No I am using bootstrap jumbotron template little bit costumized to fit my needs and some additional modules.

The thing is that when I started on this page i could see products displaying on the menu item I created e-shop Virtue-mart - front page.

I modified css file a little bit to make a few changes and since that moment it will not display any Item.

Thank you for your replies,

Regards,

David

GJC Web Design

QuoteI modified css file a little bit to make a few changes and since that moment it will not display any Item.

well if that is the reason reverse your changes.. if it really is the reason then in the source you must be able to see them not displayed
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation