News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Virtuemart Configuration SEO tab

Started by xenofon, October 04, 2016, 10:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenofon

Hi,

i want to make a serious question here ... I am running a clothing eshop and i had a problem with pagination function between product pages . When i was hitting page 2 all good, when i was clicking on page 1 again i was never going back, i was stuck in the same page, so i opened a ticket to my template providers and after 3 days the respond with :

"Dear Customer,
After further investigation of your issue we have found out that the issue is caused by SEO settings. You may disable custom SEO settings and modules in order to get rid of the issue. You can also try to disable SEO in Virtuemart configuration. Please, check the following screenshot: http://prnt.sc/cp6eha
You may also look for suitable solutions in Virtuemart forum support at http://forum.virtuemart.net/  as the issue is related to SEO and Virtuemart SEO settings."

So i cheked "SEO Disabled" and now pagination is running!!
I am also running component "Sh404sef" for SEO and "Easy frontend Seo"

What i want is to tell me if i am wrong checked on "SEO Disabled" and what is the main purpose that this function is serving about SEO ..

Thank you.

jjk

Quote from: xenofon on October 04, 2016, 10:04:14 AM
What i want is to tell me if i am wrong checked on "SEO Disabled" and what is the main purpose that this function is serving about SEO ..

If 'SEO Disabled' is unchecked, the VirtueMart Router turns the non-sef VM part of the url, which might look similar to '.../view/productdetails/virtuemart_product_id/1934/virtuemart_category_id/7/lang/en-GB' into a SEF url.

In your case I would recommend some changes:
1. create a test site using a backup of your live website.
2. Update the test site to Joomla 3.6.2 and VM 3.0.16 or higher. (There have been many bug fixes since the old versions you are using were released)
3. Uninstall Sh404sef on your test site. The tool might work at the beginning, but from what I remember using earlier versions, it will build up a huge cache file over time which will significantly slow down your shop. And once it becomes unusable, you have to purge its cache and start all over again. It's not needed for SEF at all. Joomla and VirtueMart have all the SEF options you need.
4. EFSEO works different, but it's not required VM SEO either. Last week there was a website which lost all 'Custom Page Titles' the site owner did with EFSEO, after updating to VM 3.0.18. Now he has to redo all that work. But this time he will use VM's own 'Custom Page Title' form field in the product settings.

Good SEO needs to come from your brain, not from installing several additional SEO tools, which might conflict with each other.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

xenofon

HI,

Sure friend i will do that in the next days and i'll let you know ..

Thank u very much.