News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Top level category doesn't redirect right

Started by fotonio, October 04, 2016, 05:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fotonio

Hi,
i use VM 3.0.14 with Joomla 3.6.2 with 2 languages, english and greek. I have setup one main menu for each language with associated items. Everything works ok except the products menu which is vm category layout type. And i chosen Top level Category. (But i have not created any top level product category like "Products" for seo reason, smallest tree level).
When i am inside this menu i mean i am at mydomain.com/products and try to switch to the greek language, i am redirected to greek homepage and vice versa.
I see the url for this menu item is the same for both languages: index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=0&categorylayout=categories&showcategory=1&showproducts=0&productsublayout=0

With out sef and mod_rewritte the url for english is: index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=0&categorylayout=categories&showcategory=1&showproducts=0&productsublayout=0&Itemid=141&lang=en
and for greek: index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=0&categorylayout=categories&showcategory=1&showproducts=0&productsublayout=0&Itemid=140&lang=el
and the switch works fine, but i want to use sef urls.

And a second problem is when choosing to omit the category name from the products urls (Uncheck "Use full category tree for product links" in VM configuration), it ends up showing all the modules i have published only for homepage to the products pages too. Of course i have created menus for each category but not for every product.

Thanks