News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cloning products with different images

Started by ukfish1, September 27, 2016, 10:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukfish1

Joomla: 3.6.2
VM: 3.0.14

To save time I want to be able to clone my products as most of the information is similar. I do want however to be able to add a different image to each product. At the moment though even if I delete the image and upload a new one, it still shows the image from the product I have cloned.

Any thoughts on how to deal with this

Thanks, Paul

Jörgen

If You have deleted the media item with image and added a new media item, the new one should be visible. If You have changed the image in the "old" media item You will see the new image for the original Product also. Maybe not what You want.

If You still see the old image I suspect a cache problem, empty the cache, vm, joomla and browser to see what happens. Do you maybe also have a cache on Your server ?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

You should be using at least VM3.0.16 with J3.6.2  - http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

To change the image for the clone, upload the new image just selecting "upload" from the Image Action options. The new image will appear as a second thumb. Delete the original image using the X on that image thumb, hit save and the image is swapped.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum