News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Problem creating new child products in version 3.018

Started by mkilkie, September 25, 2016, 15:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkilkie

Anyone come across this problem?

I regularly use multivariant to produce different sizes. After upgrading to 3.018 I get problems:

1. after adding the custom field (called size with two versions small and large) I click add child product ONCE.
- I get two child products added: a) 204->226 scalar and b) 204->226 propername-RB001
- The "scalar" child never shows up

2. I get this error message when saving

Error

vmError: VmTable #__virtuemart_products_en_gb Check not passed. Neither slug nor obligatory value at product_name for auto slug creation is given 0
vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled

Any ideas?

I am the sole vendor and afaik the shopper details/vendor details are correct. Is this a change in 3.018?

Martin

mkilkie

Another feature of this update, it appears that none of my multivariant products now show correctly in the shop. In fact the products and dropdowns all show correctly but when a variant is selected the parent product remains shown and is the one added to the cart.

I will learn - I did the update on a live site! Next time I will know better and follow the advice to update a copy offline. I was fooled into thinking that previous small number updates have increased the functionality without major bugs.

bortolani

Hi Mkilkie, do the product updates/reloads when you change a value in the dropdown?
I've got the same problem and I still haven't found a solution.

Have you tried the patch given here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=135402.msg471484#msg471484 ?

Bruno

mkilkie

No, i havent tried the suggestions, have you??? I will try later today.

I am a bit surprised that an upgrade clearly has such a major effect, many/most shops use multivariant to show varieties and I would have thought this would be an obvious first test. I do use some overrides on the category window but the "bug" goes all the way to making new products. Have you tried making any new product - no multivariants, just standard product.

Martin

garikello

Quote from: mkilkie on September 26, 2016, 16:25:26 PM
Another feature of this update, it appears that none of my multivariant products now show correctly in the shop. In fact the products and dropdowns all show correctly but when a variant is selected the parent product remains shown and is the one added to the cart.

I will learn - I did the update on a live site! Next time I will know better and follow the advice to update a copy offline. I was fooled into thinking that previous small number updates have increased the functionality without major bugs.

I have the same problem, not sure what caused it.

bortolani

I tried the suggestions but they did not work for me.
I use overides for category, product details and cart.
Probably it's just a simple JS problem but I still have to find it.

Bruno

mkilkie

Hi Bruno,

have you tried adding a new product since the upgrade. this adds 2 new records not one.

garikello

It might be problem with template, which conflicts with VM settings.

I found old thread with similar problem: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121421.msg414374#msg414374

Update: It is definitely a problem connected with template. I just updated mine, everything works.

Milbo

I am sorry for the trouble, But the changes are not that complex and the news also warned about.

Regarding the problem with creation of the child, please join here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=135532.msg472209#msg472209
atm my problem is that i cannot reproduce the error.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mkilkie

I have reverted to version 3.016 for now but I am worried that staying on an old version will have long term effects. I have joined the discussion you link to but so far this does not have a solution. My online version now has no issues but it means I can only reproduce it in localhost.

Some of my issues are related to gavick template overrides needing updating but the core problem of creating two new products even for standard structure with no multivariant is a major issue.

Martin