How to NOT display filename in cart with istraxx virtual product download

Started by innato, September 23, 2016, 12:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

innato

Using VM3.0.18 with standard J3.6.2 install and PHP5.6. All overrides disabled.
Also using isTraxx virtual products download plugin v2.4.10.

I want to get rid of the filename of the 'file to be downloaded' in the cart, because it messes up the cart layout on small displays (e.g. mobile devices). I always use filenames without spaces and - like the isTraxx plugin itself - these filenames can become a bit long, e.g. "istraxx_plgvm2_3_istraxx_download_2.4.10.zip". Because the filename is not wrapping, it widens its table cell in the cart and the whole table becomes wider than the screen.
Bottom line: I do not want to display the filename in the cart, but still show it in the download link on order and invoice (well, I'd rather have a download link with the product name instead of the filename, but haven't figured that out yet). Please note that I'm using product attributes as well (subscription options 1 week, 2 weeks, etc) and these must be displayed; the attributes contain spaces and are therefore neatly wrapped.

See also attached pic where I simulated the 640 px screen width of my ios. The second pic (with word NEW in its filename) is the desired layout (subscription period should be included).

Regards
Rob

VM3.2.6 (enhanced) on J3.8.8 and PHP 7.1 or 7.2

innato

Using VM3.0.18 with standard J3.6.2 install and PHP5.6. All overrides disabled.
Also using isTraxx virtual products download plugin v2.4.10.

I have products as sellable downloads and configured the appropriate istraxx custom field.
At the very bottom of the product download config , there is a checkbox called "Enable to not show filename" and its tip says that it disables the display of filename at the product details at the front-end. But I see no difference when I tick that box or not. I had first cleared all cache files.
What does this checkbox do?

Regards
Rob

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

innato

@studio 42. Yes I finally managed, but it was not as straight forward as I had hoped, because I still wanted a download link once the order is completed. So the link had to be blanked out in the cart but not in the final order and invoice. I managed by CSS indeed, by adding the following to the CSS file vm-ltr-site.css:
.product-field-type-E span{
display: none;
}

The 'span' is critical, because it facilitates to discriminate between cart and order.

On top of this, I didn't want the filename as part of the download link on the order because it messes up the layout on small viewports and also displaying the filename is not adding any value at all. Just a link saying "Download link" is sufficient. To achieve this, I had to hack the core of the download plugin and it worked very well. But I reversed the hack because the isTraxx plug-in licence does not allow modification of the core code...
It is rediculous and pathetic by isTraxx to not allow modification of the code. It is like buying a book and not being allowed to write notes in it.

Regards
Rob