News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Unable to create user account which can edit products.

Started by snstfd, September 10, 2016, 16:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snstfd

I would like to set up a "store manager" user account to edit categories, products, and custom fields. I have successfully created an account and I am able to login and edit items. The problem is that it seems clicking the ACL permission for the User Group I created allows the user to edit everything in the store. If I unclick that, the user is able to see the correct navigation options that I assigned but they are unable to see products or categories when they click on that navigation option. They are, however, able to access custom fields. So there is a inconsistency in how permissions are being applied. I have been working on this for hours and I find the documentation to be somewhat obtuse. I have done the following and attached screenshots of my results.

-created Joomla user group VMManager (screen cap of permissions attached)
-created Joomla user "guest" and assigned user to VMManager user group
–from front-end user registration created VM user for "guest"
-In VM permissions, I assigned the desired permission access for User Group VMManager

Joomla version, 3.6.2.
VirtueMart 3.0.16

Milbo

Did you try already with vm3.0.17.6? Maybe it was a typo and is fixed there.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

When you would have no access, you would not even see the list, nor the entry in the admin menu.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

snstfd

I have not tried vm3.0.17.6 but I can try that. When I have no access, (ACL is not clicked), I can see the top level navigation options, however, when I click those options and load their respective pages, I only see listings for the custom fields. The other two, categories and products are blank. The page loads but there are no products or categories listed. If I click ACL, every navigation option becomes available (despite the fact I did not include them in that user group's permission).

Milbo

Quote from: snstfd on September 14, 2016, 17:44:07 PM
When I have no access, (ACL is not clicked),
I do not understand what you mean with "ACL is not clicked".

Quote from: snstfd on September 14, 2016, 17:44:07 PM
The other two, categories and products are blank. The page loads but there are no products or categories listed.
It is blank? or not? So you see thew hole page as usual, but no products. You may enable the ACL "Allowed to manage vendors" or so.