Caching of convertECB, makes the website homepage really slooooow...

Started by glouk7, September 08, 2016, 15:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glouk7

Quote from: jjk on September 12, 2016, 13:57:37 PM
I would suggest that you use the Firefox browser and install the 'Firebug' plugin. With Firebug enabled you will see some problems if you use the 'Net' tab while loading your website.

1. There is a very long 'time to first byte' (first line in Firebug), which usually is due to a very slow server response.
2. You are still loading K2Store scripts. Did you forget to uninstall that shopping cart?
3. Firebug shows two errors:
TypeError: $(...).set is not a function
$(container).set('html', responseHTML);
k2store.js (line 20, col 9)

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://www.e-karonis.gr//images/stories/virtuemart/noimage.gif"
noimage.gif

4 You are loading two different jQuery versions. I would suggest to disable 'Use external google jQuery library' in VM configuration in case you did enable it.

Also regarding 1... it's the answer from the hosting provider...that the index.php tries a lot of times to load convertECB cached file, and that's the reason for the slow response.

jjk

Of course I don't know if K2Store pages or content is still used somewhere. You need to figure out that yourself. Perhaps check the K2Store content in the database.
I don't think that two different shopping carts for a single domain would work without problems.

Concerning the ECB requests - you may try a 'simple stupid solution' and unpublish all currencies execpt EUR in VM. Check the first 'Select all' checkbox, unpublish all and then publish EUR again. This is faster than clicking each currency manually in order to unpublish them.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Studio 42

Hi,
Perhaps simply remove all your unwanted javascript,css... and your page load in 2 seconds.
I solved this for some customers, this is only to many file to load and javascript, nothing to do with your convertECB and perhaps on doing some optimisation, you solve the other issue too.

glouk7

Issue is solved...i've enabled File caching and System caching and now loads in less than 1 sec...

The answers of my hosting company about the converECB file disoriented the way we were looking for solution...

Additionally my fault that in the test website i had xcache caching instead of File...when i managed to change it to File - problem solved...

Thanks anyone here for the time...