News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Frontpage catecories images: how to display normal instead of thumb nail?

Started by panoss, August 31, 2016, 11:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panoss

In my frontpage I display my categories with the image of each category.
The problem is that it's the thumbnail image that is loaded and not the 'normal' one.
So when I enlarge the image with css, it's not clear, it's blurry because of it's low revolution.

I thought of changing the thumbnails resolution (I guess there must be some setting in VM), but isn't there some way to show the 'full resolution' image?
Virtuemart 3.2.4 on Joomla! 3.8.0

jenkinhill

You can create larger thumb images by changing the settings in VM Configuration/Templates/Media Files Settings

Or to use the "full size" image you can edit and override components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/categories.php

Thumbs are used on pages where there are likely to be a lot of images to reduce bandwidth & load time, and help avoid slow load penalties from Google.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

panoss

Quote from: jenkinhill on August 31, 2016, 12:31:05 PM
You can create larger thumb images by changing the settings in VM Configuration/Templates/Media Files Settings
That's what I did, I have 24 images in the front page, I set 'Thumbnail Image Height' to 550 (checked 'Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing' ), I suppose I 'm approved by Google :).
Thank you jenkinhill.
Virtuemart 3.2.4 on Joomla! 3.8.0