TCPDF ERROR: [Image] Unable to get the size of the image: pathname

Started by mkilkie, August 28, 2016, 22:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkilkie

Any ideas. I get the above error message only when I update the order status to confirmed then update status. Any other update doesnt cause the problem. No matter what the filename is I get the same error. The image is definitely in the store in the path given. I am using VM 3.0.16 and Joomla 3.6.2.

I had the problem from first install but thought I'd solved it but actually I had just avoided confirm as a status update. Shipped, cancelled and refunded all work no problem.

Many thanks

Martin   

jenkinhill

Did you search for that error?
I would guess that "Default Order Status to create an invoice" is set to Confirmed?

Are you are using a png file for vendor logo (Default Order Status to create an invoice)? http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=131017
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mkilkie

I am indeed using png, is that a problem with TCPDF?

I deleted the named file and reuploaded it with a different name. the error message still referred to not finding the original file even although it didnt exist and wasnt linked to anywhere in VM.

Martin

PS I looked at the VM media library to see what was going on too and it had a whole heap of images I thought I had deleted. clearly it keeps old copies and doesnt delete.

GJC Web Design

Try with a gif.. TCPDF doesn't like png's

QuoteI looked at the VM media library to see what was going on too and it had a whole heap of images I thought I had deleted. clearly it keeps old copies and doesnt delete.

never has done  .. check   http://shop.st42.fr/en/products/virtuemart-media-folder-clear.htm
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

mkilkie

Interestingly the error hasnt gone away. there is something wrong with the vm media database. The error message from TCPDF still says cannot find size of logo.png even although a) the shop/vendor image is now definitely a jpg and b) I deleted all of the png in the cache and in the stories/virtuemart etc. Where is TCPDF getting its argument from when nothing refers to the png.

Puzzled.

martin 

PS I downloaded the plugin from studio42, it installed correctly then I published it and... No show anywhere? Any ideas? Perhaps the issue is a png lurking in the db

mkilkie

As is often the case, it was an obvious error - the png was lurking in full sight in the invoice header!!!

thanks for anyone wasting their time reading.

Martin

xbass540

hi,
i wanted to contribute to this because i spent a day studying all the forum answers and had a lot of mind blown situation. So
I would like to sum up. In general i think that all these actions are necessary to solve the problem:

1. very important: upload some logo into the /images/stories/virtuemart/payment & /images/stories/virtuemart/shipment folders. Otherwiae you get this default image placeholder inside the configuration screen, that does nothing
2.make sure you have assigned logos to all parameters (vendor, shipment methods, payment methods, manufacturers )
3.connect a contact with the shopper information and add a logo to this contact
4.i came up to the point where only the Confirmed order status was producing the error, so i went to Configuration/ Order statuses and deleted the Confirmed Order Status , instead i am using the Confirmed by Shopper Order Status and i am ok with that.
5.of course i uninstalled the tcpdf and installed the new version
6.i installed the new version of allio component

hope all this helps.
i think is really annoying to have such problems on processes that are basic functionality like sending the invoice. It is not something hardcore, but ok  this is a free product and after all i use it always like a cart solution and i would totally recommend it.

cvrak

Hi,

I'm getting the same error message. I removed the image from email header, cleared cache, but the problem remains.
Also, no email is sent to shopper, which it is a bigger problem.
Any advice?

Joomla 3.7.0  VM 3.2.1  PHP 7