News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

I've found an operational fault!

Started by otletgazda, August 26, 2016, 17:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otletgazda

Dear VM Developers,

I've found an operational fault!

I'm just migrating Joomla/VM (upgrade to the latest version J3.6.2/Vm3.0.17.6) for my VIP client.

Their web store has worked properly so far. If the buyer chose a child product (on the parent product's page) without access, a system message appeared with the access right info.

The latest Joomla/Virtuemart version do not support this feature, neither with Multivariant field, nor with Universal child-product variation field.

I have changed the access of MV 16 child product of Multi Variant Child product to Wholesale on your demo site. If I choose this child product on front page the AJAX sign just whirling without anything happens.

If I put the child product to the Wholesale group (limiting the access), the name of the child product does not appear in the Universal parent-child field but there is its price (0,00 Ft) instead, yes that can be chosen. In this case, the Ajax is whirling again without any result..

We would like to receive back the previous working process where the buyer get back to the certain page where he/she choose the child product and the system message appears.

I would like to ask you to inform me about the possible deadline of correction of this problem. We can't launch the new site of our customers until it... :(

Thank you for your kind help in advance!

Best regards,

Otletgazda

Milbo

I think you talk about the ajax update of the membership version within the category view, right?

There is an option in the customfield setup (prototype), there you can define if it should directly jump to the product detail, or just reload the product information within the category browse view. This functions works only with the category browse view. The virtuemart view will be replaced by the category view and will be obsolete.

Quote from: otletgazda on August 26, 2016, 17:52:25 PM
Their web store has worked properly so far. If the buyer chose a child product (on the parent product's page) without access, a system message appeared with the access right info.
But it appeared in the list, right?

The latest Joomla/Virtuemart version do not support this feature, neither with Multivariant field, nor with Universal child-product variation field.
Which feature?

I have changed the access of MV 16 child product of Multi Variant Child product to Wholesale on your demo site. If I choose this child product on front page the AJAX sign just whirling without anything happens.
The first problem is that the products are in the list, the other problem is to display the error, when ajax is used.

If I put the child product to the Wholesale group (limiting the access), the name of the child product does not appear in the Universal parent-child field but there is its price (0,00 Ft) instead, yes that can be chosen. In this case, the Ajax is whirling again without any result..
Interesting problem, indeed, I take a look on that.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

In general, the multivariant shows always all derived children listed in the customfield of the parent. There is no check for shoppergroups. It is not so easy to avoid that, it is also a performance thing. In my tests was the feedback missing, but the page did not stop working.

The generic child variant can unlist products dynamically.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member