News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Use cart without checkout ability

Started by Jack Stiles, July 04, 2022, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Stiles

Hey guys,

so I was wondering if anyone could help me a bit. I need something special. I need to have the cart ability but I want to prevent the checkout (payment, address etc.). Point here is that this site will be a supporting site for the main (which has a checkout) and it will server as a catalogue but I still need the ability for visitors to add products to cart. When they are finished they will click some button and will be redirected to main eshop where the products will autofill the cart but thats not important here. So I just need to make sure that noone is actually able to finish purchase on this supporting website. Do you have any idea how to do that? Should I just CSS hide stuff in cart and replace finish button with something else?

Basically - if I remove the last button in checkout - is there still a way for a visitor to complete purchase any other way? (some hidden page or something?)

Please let me know. Thank you!

EDIT: Joomla is 4.1 and VM is 4.

Studio 42

i think favorite / wish list plugin should do what you need if the user can share it.
Perhaps this extension https://extensions.virtuemart.net/product/products/wish-list-for-virtuemart-detail

pinochico

very easy:

remove all section from cart (only rows with products contain) and add custom button with all information about products in cart to post url.
On your second shop catch this post and finish order.

Enything else? :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jack Stiles

Hey guys,

thank you for your replies I will take a look at it  :) Thanks a lot!