News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product detail word limit

Started by MrKripke, August 25, 2016, 11:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKripke

Hi! Does virtuemart 3 limit the number of characters in the product description? When I am adding a new product, I insert a long text in the product description. When I save a product, it cuts my text in more or less than 7000 words, but I need more.

I have changed product_desc field type from "varhcar" to "longtext" in the database, but it did not help. I checked the files of the controller and modules, but didn't find anything that might help me to solve the problem.

Studio 42

This can be a PHP limit.
check this values, some can be modified in your server panel, some not
post_max_size=256M
upload_max_filesize=256M
max_input_vars=10000
can be a good setting in your case

MrKripke

Hello, Studio 42! Thanks for your response. I have checked php limits and I can say that this is not the case.

Everything works well in standard Joomla items, the error occurs only in the virtuemart.

GJC Web Design

the products lang table ?  product_desc   varchar(18400)
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

MrKripke

Studio 42

It's not because Joomla article work that virtuemart product work.
In Virtuemart, you have customfields and many other fields, so PHP limit include all this fields.
So suppose that you have a long description + long short desc + 40 customfields ... You can break the limit and have this issue.
So try to change your PHP limits and verify if you can add more text.
If you have change the DB product_desc field type to long text and changed your PHP settings, then report the issue