News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Availability images are gone on Product details pages

Started by betterlead, August 25, 2016, 09:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

betterlead

Hi, I'm lost. Can anybody give me any suggestions; why my availability images on product details pages are gone?

https://livingstudio.se

Cheers
Live site runs on Joomla 3.9.24 & VM 3.8.6 10373

PHP: 7.3.26

jenkinhill

Availability images should show when a product is out of stock. Which products are sold out on your site?

Also check settings Configuration/Shopfront/Action when a Product is Out of Stock
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

betterlead

Hi Jenkinhill
But I always had an image before, showing the visitor, something like (If translated): This item ships in 24h or 1-3 days etc. I made my own images and the proper ones were displayed right under the product price. This was displayed either stock was 0 or 20.

Cheers

betterlead

Ok, I tested with setting the stock to "0" for a product and yes, now the image displaying "Ships in 24h" is displayed.
Has that been changed lately? Or at least after ver 3.0.14 or something like that?
This way it seems a little bit strange.

jenkinhill

I don't think it changed, but I have never wanted to use those images anyway.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

betterlead

I can perhaps fix that with a custom field or equivalent to inform my visitors about delivery time on the product details pages.

In my case it's important to inform about rapid deliveries.
But still, what is "availability images" ment for, if it can't be used for products in stock?

Milbo

It is a configuration setting. You can use it to be shown always to display how long it takes until it is delivered, or to display it only, when the stock is empty.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

betterlead

Hi Max, I feel like an idiot, I can't find were to configure it. A pointer, please..?

jenkinhill

On status tab for each product. I've never used that, either, I though it allowed specific images to be used when that product is out of stock rather than a default image set in overall config.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

betterlead

For some of us, it's useful.

Most of my products I have in stock for immediate delivery - Big advantage if I can display "Ships in 24hours!" Some shoppers choose to order where shipping is fastest and I want to tell them that, I am! :)

Then I have some products I sometimes need to order or my stockist drop ships. In these cases I need to set different Shipping/Delivery time. In example 1-3 days or perhaps 3-7 days.

Now, back to the problem, I still haven't found where to set this option. Anyone have a clue?

parfumylacno

Quote from: betterlead on August 26, 2016, 13:53:10 PM
For some of us, it's useful.

Most of my products I have in stock for immediate delivery - Big advantage if I can display "Ships in 24hours!" Some shoppers choose to order where shipping is fastest and I want to tell them that, I am! :)

Then I have some products I sometimes need to order or my stockist drop ships. In these cases I need to set different Shipping/Delivery time. In example 1-3 days or perhaps 3-7 days.

Now, back to the problem, I still haven't found where to set this option. Anyone have a clue?

Hello, please did you find solution for this? I exactly understand what you need, and I m looking for same solution. I dont understand, why there is no solution in default virtuemart seetings for such a important settings
Owner of e-shop https://www.parfumylacno.sk with perfumes FM Group