News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Transfer vm tables from one site to another

Started by pm4698, August 19, 2016, 17:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pm4698

Hello there.

I use joomla 2.5 and vm 2.6.10 to one site/server and i need this to be upgraded to joomla 3 and vm 3.

First of all, i tried through official guides to upgrade site (copied site to test environment) to joomla 3 but i found many difficulties from bugs and i decided because of lack of time to do it like this:

Fresh install of Joomla 3 to new test environment and then transfer all virtuemart files (administrator/components, administrator/language, language, components, plugins folders where vm files appear) to new site to the exact locations and also export vm tables from current site and import to new site.

I let you know that current db is on Navicat and the test environment is through phpmyadmin. After this procedure, i will make the upgrade through official guide to vm 3.

So, when i try to import tables to phpmyadmin i get errors like this:

Script timeout passed, if you want to finish import, please resubmit same file and import will resume.
SQL query:
CREATE TABLE `tgyew_virtuemart_coupons` (
`coupon_used`  varchar(200) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' ,
`virtuemart_coupon_id`  int(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`coupon_code`  char(32) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' ,
`percent_or_total`  enum('percent','total') CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT 'percent' ,
`coupon_type`  enum('gift','permanent') CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT 'gift' ,
`coupon_value`  decimal(15,5) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0.00000 ,
`coupon_start_date`  datetime NULL DEFAULT NULL ,
`coupon_expiry_date`  datetime NULL DEFAULT NULL ,
`coupon_value_valid`  decimal(15,5) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0.00000 ,
`published`  tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 ,
`created_on`  datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00' ,
`created_by`  int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 ,
`modified_on`  datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00' ,
`modified_by`  int(11) NOT NULL DEF

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEF' at line 15

After this i click Back and i try to import the same file again. It may give me some other error. Any ideas about this?

I choose format: SQL, SQL compatibility: NONE, i have checked the Do not use AUTO_ICREMENT for zero values and unchecked the Read as multibytes

GJC Web Design

????

`modified_by`  int(11) NOT NULL DEF

is this the actual line? It doesn't continue?

Why not divide up your sql file if it is timing out into some smaller files?

Quotethen transfer all virtuemart files....  After this procedure, i will make the upgrade through official guide to vm 3.

you may have trouble with this as you will have a VM2.6 in a J3 install.. VM2.6. is not J3 compatible

why not install VM3 fresh
upgrade your old clone to VM3 (this normally goes fine.. it is the J2.5->J3 that can give problems)
drop the vm3 tables in the new install
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation