News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

HTTP ERROR 500 after VM 3.0.16 update

Started by jlb4350, August 14, 2016, 03:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlb4350

I just updated my Joomla 3.6.2 VM installation up to 3.0.16 from 3.0.14. Everything seems fine except for I'm now getting a HTTP Error 500 on the front end when I browse to a product sub-category. I can see the listing of the all the parent categories, but when I click on one to view the child category listing, I get the following error:

The abc.com page isn't working
abc.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

I can still use the search and get to the products, but I obviously need to be able to browse the categories as well. This wasn't a problem before the update. Also, I've turned SEO off and on in the Joomla config, but this had no effect.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

:)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jlb4350

Thank you. It's showing

Fatal error: Class 'CurrencyDisplay' not found in /components/com_virtuemart/views/category/view.html.php on line 160

When i check that file, here is the code:

if ($this->products) {
               $this->currency = CurrencyDisplay::getInstance( ); <-- Line 160
               $display_stock = VmConfig::get('display_stock',1);
               $showCustoms = VmConfig::get('show_pcustoms',1);
               if($display_stock or $showCustoms){

Again, this just happened after the latest VM upgrade and it appears that the upgrade had something to do with a new payment system...however, I'm not using any payment system. I only running a catalog. I have all payment stuff turned off.

Any ideas how to fix or bypass this?

jlb4350