How do I move 1,000+ products from Digitoll to Shipment for Virtual Products?

Started by JoanHall, August 07, 2016, 23:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanHall

Hi!

I have a live Joomla 2/VM2 site selling mp3 files using Digitoll Downloads.  I have over 1000 digital products.

I set up a Joomla 3 site (which is not live yet).  I put Shipment for Virtual Products on it, and I imported all of my mp3 products. Next I needed to connect each mp3 file to the correct product item. A tedious job, but necessary.

But when I go in to edit each product and put in the custom field, I click on the "Please choose a file" dropdown box, and all 1000+ of the mp3 files pop up in an order that seems to be random (it's not alphabetical and it's not chronological).

To get the file I want, I have to type the entire file name, which is very laborious because some of the file names are long and the names of related files are very similar.

Is there any way that I can get the file names to show in that dropdown box in alphabetical order, or some kind of order? Or even better, is there a way that I can attach these 1000+ mp3 files to their respective products without having to go in and edit every individual product?

If neither of those is possible, is there someone that I could pay to connect these media files to the products?  Who would I get and what would they charge me?

Thanks.

GJC Web Design

I assume it is possible directly by database but if there is no "pattern" then it is still a manual job

For boring shite like this I normally employ my teenage daughter.. have u no access to similar cheap labour?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

JoanHall

;D I have two teenage sons, but they are the ones that will be taking care of me in my old age.  If there's no other way around it, I'll try to find an acceptable wage that will get the job done and still keep me on their good side.