News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product + Buy extra product with discount (product accessories)

Started by prokops, July 26, 2016, 21:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prokops

Hi VM community!

I have a beginner question and have searched although I am not sure what I am searching for.

What I need is an radio/checkbox in my product that allows the user to buy an additional product as an combo with an discount.

Example: User opens product "Razor" and under the product title, there is a radio button or a checkbox with the label "Also buy shaving cream and get 5$ off" which makes VM pair product "Razor" with SKU001 and product "Shaving Cream" with SKU002 and applies a discount.

I have looked at custom fields but can't figure out how to add the "Shaving Cream" product without creating some sort of hybrid extra product, ie. with a new SKU. I just want to pair one product with another product, basically like a related product as an checkbox addon to main product.

Is this workable in VM vanilla or does this require 3rd party addons and which ?

Cheers,

prokops

So I see that what I am looking for might be "product accessories". I found a thread from 2010 that talks about this with no clear answers.

Is it simply not a part of VM functionality today and with no good third party plugins available ?

GJC Web Design

QuoteIs it simply not a part of VM functionality today
Yes

Quoteno good third party plugins available

sorry - don't know.. never needed something like this
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation