News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Profit Margin

Started by webdevprojects, July 22, 2016, 00:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webdevprojects

Hi Guys

I have a client who is wanting to be able to see a report which calculated their profit margin on sales. I can't seem to find any way to achieve this in VM 3 or any component or plugin which achieves this.

Ideally the client would like to be able to enter the cost price that they purchased each unit at so in their sales reporting they can view the profit margin on their sales.

I'd be very grateful for any advise on this.

Thanks in advance.

AH

There is no report showing profit in VM.  You keep asking the same type of question in the forum regarding this.

VM is able to store a "Cost price" - you have to work out how the sales price is then achieved   e.g. Sales price = COST +x   or cost *x% this can then be configured using the base system functionality

Cost prices change over time, to achieve an more accurate profit figure - (at the time the order is placed) the cost price should be stored with the order lines

If you could change the core code to achieve this you cold write a report to calculate the "Profit"  excluding tax and expenses etc.

If you cannot store the cost price against the order item - you could easily write a report to use the current cost price and order item sales price to give you a report using SQL.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0