News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Translations

Started by lgiulio, July 21, 2016, 11:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lgiulio

Joomla 3
Virtuamart 3.0.16

I make the site and populated with the products and category in Italian.
I have to translate it into English and French.

In the configuration – virtuemart is enabled only in the English language.
See attachament.

If enabled in the configuration languahe French nd Italian the products and category disappear.

I need help!

Thank you

Jumbo!

Products, categories, manufacturer etc are maintained separately for each languages. You need maintain them separately for each new languages. If you change the default language before maintaining them for the new language then you will not see them.

lgiulio

I changed the default language I entered English.

In virtuemart ' I have selected a category and changed from English into Italian .

I have saved, but comes back to me in English, do not save me in Italian .

See at the attachment. It seems ok , but if you click save back to me in English .

jjk

If you installed and configured the italian Joomla and VM language packs correctly and you can't save the product descriptions in Italian, try using the JCE editor instead of TinyMCE.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

lgiulio

Ok thank you.

another question.

I have 100 products in italian.

Should I put another 100 in English?

There is an easier way ?

jjk

Quote from: lgiulio on July 24, 2016, 10:09:28 AM
Should I put another 100 in English?
There is an easier way ?

If you want to show also french and english descriptions, you should translate your italian product descriptions. Automatic translations usually contain a lot of wrong translated words. It's time consuming work. I ALWAYS translate my german descriptions into English before I publish the product. People who postpone the translation work usually end up with a lot of untranslated content.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations