News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Category Links from front page

Started by admagination, July 18, 2016, 19:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admagination

The site: www.meo.rocks
Just below the slider there are 8 categories, each one with it's own icon and text link.  They fit and work great if you're on any page BUT the front page.  If your on the front page and click on any of the modules (categories), it simply opens the product way down the page.  BTW.  I've only set up one product under the first icon...Creative Writing.  I'm just starting to configure VM now.  When your on any page OTHER than the front page, it opens up a very nice page with the products showing as they should.

How to I make the front page modules / categories go to a category production page instead of opening them in the front page?

Thanks,
Very newbie, Tom

jenkinhill

I could not work out what the hell the site is about. What have jackets & cameras got to do with MEO's Fast Track Curriculum (whatever that is). Where are links to VirtueMart homepage, which must be present.

Looks like you bought a quickstart package which is a sure way to get in a mess if you are not experienced as there will be so much junk to strip out before you have a prpoer working site. But start with the menu link(s).

And please: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

jenkinhill, i think the shop is a test and not finished.

StefanSTS

Hi,

some categories are under /start-learning/ some are not. You might want to check your category and sub category structure and your link structure under the slider.
In the main menu the same categories are all sub categories of /start-lerning/. So there is something wrong. How do you get the categories below the slider, HTML content?

Additionally, if you have categories and you don't want to show a menu link for them, you should add a shadow menu for them to be able to assign modules to them.

Hope it helps
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.